PDA

View Full Version : Oh boy, today was enough to make anyone want to throw in the towel...

Lou
08-09-2012, 01:41 PM
Holy crap, what a morning!

1) I have a daycare family (siblings) on holidays so I had some openings for drop in care. The 17 month old who came for this morning (just this morning) did BRUTAL. SCREAMED for 2 hrs straight, this brutally loud scream after his mom left, and would not let me near him to comfort him.
2) 3 ys old dcg has 2 explosive diarrhea accidents in her pants and basically anything else she was around. Had a difficult time getting ahold of Mom who was in a meeting, but finally did and she was picked up after I showered her (a must)
3) My own 2 yrs old suddenly spiked a high fever and cried on and off the whole morning.
4) I dropped the pot of pasta on the floor and had to quickly make up sandwiches.
5) Catty 6 yrs old girls. (enough said)

The whole morning felt utterly chaotic when usually I run a smooth, seamless transitiong morning. Not to mention I'm pregnant, and had the gagging attack of this century cleaning up the poop.

Holy moly, hoping tomorrow is a MUCH better day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope everyone else had a good morning! I'm exahusted!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Inspired by Reggio
08-09-2012, 01:47 PM
Oh Lou ~ WOW that is a sucky morning for sure ... I will admit the screaming 17 month old is why I would never do drop in care unless it was for a past client who 'knew me and the program' cause for me it is just not worth it to listen to that for an extra days pay :(

Sending smooth sailing afternoon vibes and vibes that no one else catches whatever caused the diarrhea bout for your 3 year old dcg!!!!

kidlove
08-09-2012, 01:48 PM
IT CAN ONLY GET BETTER!!!!! WHAT DOESNT KILL YOU ONLY MAKES YOU STRONGER!!!!!:flower :
THIS TOO SHALL PASS!!!!!! What else? OOOOH, my Mom always just looked at me and said.:rolleyes: "You'll Live! ha ha. All kidding aside.....hope tomorrow is GREAT.

Toregone
08-09-2012, 01:48 PM
Oh my heart goes out to you. Sounds like a craptactular morning. Hopefully the afternoon is better or at least your evening.

mimi
08-09-2012, 04:17 PM
This was a day when anything that could go wrong did........and you handled it! Congratulations:star ::star::star:

Momof4
08-09-2012, 04:20 PM
Oh wow! That's a baaaaaad morning. I have bad mornings sometimes usually when we are inside due to rain like today and I usually drop things when I'm really tired. All I spilled today was some cottage cheese so not hardly as bad a day as yours Lou, so sorry!

jec
08-09-2012, 05:43 PM
Not to mention I'm pregnant, and had the gagging attack of this century cleaning up the poop.

OMG I'm sorry but you made me giggle- on top of everything eh!! Get some rest and tomorrow has to be better !!

Play and Learn
08-09-2012, 05:49 PM
I think I puked in my mouth a bit....I'm preggers too - the whole BM thing - NOT COOL. lol Someone here usually has a BM everyday, and I get gagging, which hubby is in the next room asking - you ok? NO.

Sorry you had a horrid morning. Here's hoping tomorrow is better - TGIF! :) <3

Lou
08-09-2012, 06:49 PM
The thing is, if it's in a diaper, I have no problem with it...but since it was in her underwear I friggin lost it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks ladies..I needed the sympathy! LOL!

Fun 88
08-10-2012, 09:42 AM
There are so many times I just want to throw in the towel!! I congrat you for keeping your chin up and your breakfast in!!!
Hope your day is better. You should print your post to remind you you survived this day.