PDA

View Full Version : Just spotted this ad on Kijiji... WTH?

Toregone
08-09-2012, 11:11 PM
We're looking for a Caucasian lady in a dayhome to care for our 1 year old girl from mon-fri. Early mornings are required between 6:00 and 6:30(depends on drop off location) as I start work at 7 am-3:30 pm. I live on the southside near Ellerslie rd but work just off St . Albert trail. I travel 111 ave to 119 st and groat rd, hoping for southside location but consider any possibilities that are on my route. Please call or text need for Sept.

Am I the only one that sees something wrong with this ad? It actually makes me angry that someone is that specific in looking for care for thier child. Way to teach them inclusion of all races.. :blink:

sunnydays
08-10-2012, 05:12 AM
Yes, that is a very disappointing ad. It is sad in this day and age that there are people like that still teaching their children to hate :(

Dreamalittledream
08-10-2012, 05:29 AM
Oh wow!!!!! So wrong!

kidlove
08-10-2012, 05:46 AM
Well, Good Luck To Them...I havent seen very many coc-eyed-asian ladies doing Day Care. Like a needle in a hay-stack!

DORITOSGIRL
08-10-2012, 06:43 AM
I had a phone call yesterday to inquire about my services and the very first thing out of the woman's mouth was " Are you a Muslim" Ummm no and if it that is truly why not look with in your own community/family. Geez.

Inspired by Reggio
08-10-2012, 06:46 AM
Wow - yup I would report that as offensive and sure would not respond to one like that - talk about not sharing the same values ;)

Momof4
08-10-2012, 08:32 AM
Respond thusly: Prejudiced people need not apply!

No, just ignore it.

Toregone
08-10-2012, 08:50 AM
I really wish I could reply. I have thought out a very well worded response. But I know it's not worth it and that at best I wont change thier line of thinking and at worse I could get into an email argument with someone I don't even know.

kidlove
08-10-2012, 09:41 AM
Could you imagine if you put in your advertisement "please no black children, asian children, mexican children, native american children, muslim children or any other race, religion, or belief outside mine. as if the love is different if the skin or belief is different.

Although on the very same note: if your blunt and to the point I guess you will get exactly what you want. some people have nerve, thats all!

Daycare123
08-10-2012, 11:27 AM
yikes. That's brutal.

Dreamalittledream
08-10-2012, 11:40 AM
It's boggling my mind trying to find a reason where race would even be a factor in finding Childcare? Even if someone speaks a different language (as long as I can somewhat communicate to them about my child's care)....I would, in fact, consider added languages a bonus for my children!

Momof4
08-10-2012, 11:44 AM
I'm really proud to have a diversified group in my daycare and I have used it during some of my themes, like T for Travel when I made passports and we pretended to travel around the world visiting the countries of their ancestors, eating the food, reading books about it. I'll definitely be doing that again, it was fun and a valuable learning experience for the children.