PDA

View Full Version : Help with Writing an Application for Graduate School

Mafinity
08-28-2023, 05:46 AM
Well, it's time to start writing my graduate school application, and I'm at a complete loss. I can't decide how to start, what key points to emphasize. Maybe some of you have already gone through this ordeal and can share your experiences? What is the best structure to follow? And what important aspects should not be overlooked?

Nikongo
08-28-2023, 05:46 AM
I too have recently been struggling with writing an application for graduate school. It is important to start with a brief introduction about your academic and professional history. Then detail your motivation and goals for graduate school. Be sure to indicate what kind of research you are interested in. If you have experience in scientific conferences or publications, it is also worth mentioning.

Mafinity
08-28-2023, 05:47 AM
Thanks so much for the tips! It seems like I should really start with a clear structure so I don't get lost in the details. I'll definitely take into account your recommendations on detailing motivation and goals. And do you think I should mention my weaknesses and plans to improve them? You don't want to look unrealistic and too perfect.

Nikongo
08-28-2023, 05:47 AM
As for mentioning weaknesses, I think this can be a good move, but wisely. If you have specific weaknesses that you have already started to overcome, it can show your self-criticism and willingness to improve yourself. However, you should not emphasize on them. Instead, it's better to focus on your strengths and how they will help in your graduate school experience. Well, if you need professional help with writing, you can use here here personal statement writing help (https://www.personalstatemen twriter.com/). They are awesome at helping with writing applications, I've used them myself. They do everything quickly and well, and the prices are reasonable.