PDA

View Full Version : One of those days.

Starshine
08-15-2012, 12:31 PM
Just need a place to vent. I've been having one of those days where I question what the heck I am doing this for. I have been really frustrated all morning, and now that's it is nap time NO ONE IS SLEEPING. Aaaaargh! I will be glad when this day is over.

DCP_But_Momma_1st
08-15-2012, 12:32 PM
It's Wednesday...the week is half over too!!! :)

kidlove
08-15-2012, 01:00 PM
Oh, Man!!!! I have been there so many times.:) Tomorrow will be soooooo much better, just trudge through, and put your feet up tonight!!!!!

apples and bananas
08-15-2012, 01:04 PM
If it helps, I had this day yesterday and I lived to talk about it! Woke up with a headache... First arrival (whos been with me happily for 6 months) cried when mom left for the first time since she started. Then continued to complain about everything for the next 4 hours. Add a little guy with blankey seperation and a newbie who jumps and cries in his crib at quiet time... I was ready to throw in the towel by 1pm.

Today... all better!

I always try to remember back to my old life when I worked outside the home on those days. Yes, I could run out to starbucks for a fix, but I always had to come back. I had to hold back the tears until the drive home and there was no where to hide. Here.. i cry when I want cause i'm at home... I make my own coffee and I hide under my blanket when I need to. LOL And when I'm done, I'm done! No commute home.

Try to find some good stuff and hope it out weighs the bad.

kidlove
08-15-2012, 01:28 PM
Cute, apples and bananas. way to see the silver lining!!!!! :)

sunnydays
08-15-2012, 01:41 PM
I'm with Apples on this...whenever I am having one of those days, I look at my own kids and remember what it was like to have to drop them at daycare in the morning...then I remember that I could not lie down on the couch or on the floor when I was at work...I could not use my own bathroom...I could not hang out outside...and I had to smile and pretend to be perky even if I wasn't. Even on a bad day with the kids, I can stretch out on the floor and stretch my back while they play around me, I do not have to pretend to be perky or smile all the time in a fake manner, and I don't have to find a way to extricate myself from office gossip ;) Hang in there..the day is almost over and tomorrow will be better...and if not, then next week will be better :)

Littledragon
08-15-2012, 01:42 PM
That was my life for the past 2 weeks! I COMPLETELY understand how you're feeling. Just remember, today is Wednesday, only 2.5 more days until the weekend!!! Take a nice bubble bath tonight and have a nice glass of wine. It's ALMOST over!

Lou
08-15-2012, 01:44 PM
Keep your head up!!!! I had a beyond HORRIBLE day last week, I thought I was going to have a mental breakdown!!! And yet, i'm here, today, having a great day! Tomorrow will be SOOOOOOO much better. (((hugs)))

Inspired by Reggio
08-15-2012, 02:03 PM
Oh sending pick me up vibes your way ~ we all have days like that for sure where the crew decides to mutiny on us .... hopefully they eventually settled for a nap and you have a better afternoon!

Toregone
08-15-2012, 03:13 PM
My whole last week was like this. So sorry to hear you're having a rough day. Don't worry, tomorrow will be better! :D

Momof4
08-15-2012, 04:14 PM
I had your day yesterday too, mostly because I'm not sleeping this week and everything is really weighing on my nerves. I was a little less grouchy today. I too always tell myself on my worst days they are better than the best days when I worked for somebody else with nasty back-stabbing women co-workers.

We are lucky to have supportive co-workers here!

Starshine
08-15-2012, 06:54 PM
Thank you so much ladies. I did survive, LOL! Eventually they all went to sleep and then one got picked up early which is always nice! I feel 100 times better now. :)

kidlove
08-15-2012, 06:56 PM
HA! right after I responded the first time "I TOO" had "one of those days" two babies crying for the rest of the day!!!!!!!!!! OK, lets see here......FULL MOON?