PDA

View Full Version : Authorization form for medications

admin
04-08-2011, 03:05 PM
Hi,

Do you have a sample authorization form that you use for over-the-counter medications?

:)

Momof4
04-17-2011, 12:07 AM
Very simply, I do not medicate and I advise my dcparents in my contract not to medicate their children in case of a fever because as if their fever comes to 101 F they will have to come back to pick up their child. I will administer medication from a doctor prescribed container. I firmly believe that if a child has a fever and a malady that they need their Mommy!

gcj
04-17-2011, 07:31 PM
I medicate with signed permission form for Advil, Tylenol and Rx medication. I also have it in my form that the parents are solely responsible for any adverse reactions and I can't be held liable as I only use the dosage according to instruction. I ALSO tell parents that if their child starts a fever at 2 p.m., that I WILL NOT administer Advil or Tylenol and that they have to pick them up right away. Why? If a child fevers at 2 p.m. or around then, someone's dosed them before they came in to daycare to avoid my sick policy. I've had that happen so many times in the first year, I drew up new contracts with the 2 p.m. policy with a 30 minute pickup time before I started calling around their alternate pick-up contacts. The parent who caused me to change my policy wouldn't stop doping his kids and when their fevers came through, they'd throw up or had the poops (older kids) or would cry for Mom and Dad. When I started calling his alternate contacts (he worked from home which was around the corner), he suddenly showed up right away.

omg. poor kids. It's so sad that we need to make the rules that we do....

horsegirl
04-19-2011, 11:41 AM
I will give over the counter medications and prescribed medications with a signed authorization form. It states on the form that I am not liable for any reactions that may ocur after taking the medication. Licensing in our area requires this. They also require that we keep medications in locked boxes, out of reach of the children. I like the idea of not medicating at 2PM or after. I have had parents drop off kids that are medicated without telling me and I have to call them in about 4 hours because of a fever. Now everyone has come in contact with this child and others start falling ill. I make a point of telling other parents what has happened and which family has done this and some of my parents will let the family know that they are upset. This way I don't have to be the bad guy.

carla
01-08-2012, 03:05 PM
we only administer medication that is prescribed by a dr. you can look at my website for forms. it is kidschoicechildcare. com all of our parent forms are on the website