PDA

View Full Version : Termination letter

bri
08-16-2012, 12:41 PM
About six weeks ago I made a post asking for advise on a 12 month old little boy who would not stop crying/screaming all day. Well we have now come to the end of week six and there is no improvment. For my sanity and the benifit of the daycare I have decided to terminate. I was wondering if anyone was better with words than I am and had some advise on how I should write my letter. Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bookworm
08-16-2012, 01:02 PM
I would keep it short and sweet. I can't remember your exact post, but something along the lines of this should work.

Dear XXXX,

I just want to share that after XXX weeks, XXX is still not settling in here despite my efforts to calm him. After careful consideration, I have decided that I can no longer provide care for XXXX after this date (whatever notice period you need to give).

Sincerely,

Bri

kidlove
08-16-2012, 01:09 PM
Oh wow!!!!! First off...way to go. Good for you trying for that long, many people would have caved before you. (you are not "caving" just making the smart choice) best for you and the little guy! not cool at all. :( Do the parents know about the crying the whole time or did you sugar coat alot? Hopefully they know and it wont be hard at all to inform them of your choice and they should completely understand. I dont do the computer communication like most you guys, everything I do is person to person, but same thing really... I would just be really respectful toward them and make sure I started out by telling them how much I appreciated the opportunity to take care of their child and how sweet of a boy he was. But just inform them that after a lengthy "trial period" you have come to a decision that this was not the "right fit" for either of you. Gear it toward their childs needs, not your stress or inability to deal with the crying. just tell them you feel for his sake termination of care is the best choice for their child in your opinion. wish them the best of luck and leave it at that.
Good Luck!

Inspired by Reggio
08-16-2012, 01:52 PM
Yes ~ as long as the parent has been in the 'loop' about the adjustment challenges than I second the short and sweet 'upon reflection and trying everything in my arsenal to help X adjust to the program I am afraid it is time to accept that he is just not adjusting to group care therefore effective X date service is going to have to cease.'

Momof4
08-16-2012, 02:57 PM
Bookworm is right, keep it short and business like and don't go into long explanations. It's a business decision and nothing personal, so be professional.

dodge__driver11
08-16-2012, 02:59 PM
I just posted about an aha moment and a term letter momof4, thabk you bri :)