PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from Edmonton - Advice on Finding Toddlers

Disnan
08-16-2012, 02:15 PM
Hi there!

I am a stay at home Mom and am just finishing my second mat leave. Couldn't live with the idea of leaving my two little ones, so I quit my job & am staying at home with them. Now I am trying to start my own Dayhome to get my boys others to play & learn with and to help out financially.

So I am looking for advice on getting toddlers into my Dayhome. I am advertising for ages 2 - 5 but keep getting inquiries from families with 9 - 12 month babies. Is it because regular day cares don't accept this young that I am getting so many inquiries for this age? I have had to turn down two families as I just don't think it's fair to have so many babies under one.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
Nancie

Momof4
08-16-2012, 02:55 PM
I advertised for that age group one time and didn't get a single request. I find that every child who comes to my daycare is because a Mom is going back on mat leave and the children are all 10-12 months old. But I wish you luck and welcome to our forum.

ladyjbug
08-16-2012, 03:00 PM
Hi Nancie, I am in Edmonton too. I have found that the daycares that advertise with a preschool like program have more luck getting kids in the 2-5 age range. It also depends on the area of the city you are in. Some areas have way more demand than others. :) Good luck with your new dayhome!

BlueRose
08-16-2012, 03:19 PM
Hello and Welcome form Ottawa :wave:

Toregone
08-16-2012, 04:40 PM
Hi Nancie. I run a dayhome in NE Edmonton and I also get a lot of inquiries for that age group. When I was first starting it felt like I was only getting inquiries for that age group and then all of a sudden I had several people with children 18mos and older call me within 2 weeks of each other and I got full. I prefer over 2 as well but will accept children 18mos and older.

Good Luck and Welcome!