PDA

View Full Version : Really LOUD parents!!!!!!

kidlove
08-17-2012, 07:11 AM
Does anyone ever have an issue with people coming in during "sleep times" to LOUD?
I have this Dad that #1 drives a HUGE Diesel truck with like the noisiest exaust EVER! and sometimes drops off early, drives me CRAZY!!!!!! VVVVVRRRRROOOOOOM! in the drive at like 7am 8am, lots of kids sleeping, then comes in with "one" volume! ggggrrrrr, I greet the child with a "low tone" as to remind the Dad, SSSHHHHH! He doesnt get it! Should I put up a sign that says, please be aware children could be sleeping! or something? another peeve is when people come in to pick up during nap time and wake everyone up!!!!!!!! aaaahhhhh! I do ask that they not come right in the middle of nap, so they do try to show up later toward the end, but either way, just irritates me to no end!!!!!!!:mad::no:: cursing:

Tempting: to picture myself busting in to their houses when their kids are sleeping, OH HI!!!!!! IS EVERYONE SLEEPING? OH SOOOOOORRRRY!

Inspired by Reggio
08-17-2012, 07:17 AM
Oh empathy ... I actually have a family that my spouse has coined the 'loud family' .... I am constantly role modeling 'indoor voice' to them .... it took me a YEAR to finally get the mother to get that at morning drop off there is often a babe still sleeping and for her to come in with a 'whispering' voice which to me is a 'normal' voice and fortunately they do not arrive for pick up anywhere near afternoon nap unless it is for an appointment she cannot schedule 'after daycare hours' cause that would be a final straw for sure :rolleyes:

I have a count down ticker for their last day to be honest cause they have a few 'annoying' traits I am not going to miss come September :o

kidlove
08-17-2012, 07:25 AM
Funny Reggio, sounds just like a family I just rid of too, and I also had a count down. Some people just have quirks that can bug you to no end. This Mom was also a "loud" talker and would laugh really loudly in the am when dropping her son. We knew each other really well from church before he started care, knew each others families, so we would on occasion "chat" a little at the door. I think she was bi-polar or something, because some days she would be real normal tone and we would have a nice "adult" chat, and other days she was like a drunk clown, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! she would laugh really loud and uncontrolably at something I said (that I didnt think was funny) it freaked me out and woke my entire family, funny you say that about your husband because my husband HATED this woman, she annoyed him so much. The boy became school age and she was a teacher, so he left for good this summer. wew! :)

giraffe
08-17-2012, 07:57 AM
I dont allow any pick ups or drop offs during nap time. Maybe you can add that to your policy. Other than doing what you are doing or meeting the parent outside I have no ideas.

Toregone
08-17-2012, 08:01 AM
My son likes to sleep in, his normal wake up time is between 8 - 9am. But I have one mom who is loud in the morning. We've become friends a little bit so we chat for a minute or 2 which is fine, I just wish she would chat quieter. It's not so bad now that her child is dropped off about 7:30am but before when it was 6:30am it drove me crazy. I actually on occasion have said "Oh! **'s still sleeping upstairs!" in an effort to get her to use a quieter voice.

I've never had loud people during nap but I have had parents pick up during nap and it annoys me. Then I have to go into the group nap room and there is no way I can do that and wake one child without them all waking up! It was always the same family which thankfully are now gone.

kidlove
08-17-2012, 08:14 AM
I think i will post at the door something to the regards of please enter quietly, children/babies could be resting!
I do ask that parents hold off as long as possible for pick up during middle day, becuase of nap time, most respect that, there are some who just have one volume!!

Starshine
08-17-2012, 09:41 AM
I don't allow pick ups during nap time either. My own son often wakes up because of the kids in the morning, but not much I can do about that. If he went to bed earlier like I tell him to, he wouldn't still be sleeping at 8am lol.

DCP_But_Momma_1st
08-17-2012, 10:43 AM
I have a dad who screams almost. He is a doctor and as the mother says talks like that all the time. I have had to hush him before as my husband works midnights sometimes. I mean come on, really should I have to tell a grown man to quiet down. My husband HATES him and actually wanted to tell him off one day...to which I replied "I will go to your job and tell of one of your co-workers" His comment pissed me off. So it really causes alot of issues. Grrr.

mimi
08-17-2012, 10:53 AM
I put signs on the door. Shhhh children sleeping during naptime, this also prevents people from ringing my doorbell. I also had an issue with loud parents (they're up so everybodys up). I have a sign on the door little ones playing/sleeping, indoor voices pleaseI tried the speaking softly at first but they didn't get the message, especially after they woke up a baby, heard the wailing and just smiled and said Ooops and left.:no:

Monday 2 Friday Mama
08-17-2012, 11:23 AM
I like giraffe's suggestion - good idea ! Don't know if it would work for someone who is dropping the monkey's off in the A.M. but it would be brilliant for the parents who want to pick up a child during the afternoon nap time. =)

mimi
08-17-2012, 12:16 PM
I actually think jealousy is a factor. Here we are in our comfy clothes, home, smiles on our faces and talking about going to the park. They do the math (she makes $$$$ for doing this?) and they realize we may make the same, or in some cases more than they do. Of course, they are are not the deep thinkers who do not realize the comfy clothes get spit up on, our home gets messed up and germ filled, the smiles on our faces sometimes turn to grimaces because (you can insert your own reasons here) and that trip to the park was not so fun 'cause one of your kids cried non stop. Yes, we can make a decent wage, but the ultimate thing some forget is the HUGE responsibility we carry for keeping the kids safe, fed, healthy and happy till their parents arrive.

Daycare123
08-17-2012, 12:32 PM
I ask that my families drop off by 8am and pick up after 3pm (unless they have an appointment or child is unwell and needs to go home)-this way they don't come during nap time-and we are able to stick to our routines. :)

Momof4
08-17-2012, 04:00 PM
My contract states that children must arrive by 9am and cannot be picked up earlier than 3pm. The 9am rule is because we leave on field trips shortly after that time. The 3pm pickup time is a rule because I'm protecting the children's naptime. If someone is picked up in the middle of naptime then others will wake up and be cranky and it's my job to make sure that doesn't happen.