PDA

View Full Version : Sandbox # 3...ideas other than sand?

Dreamalittledream
08-18-2012, 08:30 PM
I have been the recipient of 3 different sandboxes; one has a big digger attached (it has regular sand in it), one is a water/sand table (it just has blue play sand in it with little toy animals and things buried in it); now I've been given a big one that looks like a boat with a steering wheel and cover....I'm sanded out....any ideas what I can use this for? I've also been the recipient of a bunch of big Tonka trucks...so, gravel might be neat in the big boat to use with the Tonkas...however, not so nice to have to pick put of the grass come lawn mowing time;)

Crayola kiddies
08-18-2012, 09:04 PM
Is it clean enough/do you have enough space to move it inside .... You could use it as a ball pit.... Toys r us have the balls....... If its the little tikes one that looks like a tugboat then it's also a pool and you can put an inch or two if water in it and they can splash around or they could float some boats in it.

Dreamalittledream
08-18-2012, 09:20 PM
Yes, it is the tugboat one;). Needs some serious elbow grease & a lot of balls to fill it ($$)...but not a bad idea! I do already have another small water table outside. When I googled for ideas I also saw corn. Would this work in our climate for extended periods of time I wonder? Wouldn't the corn mildew if it gets damp?

Crayola kiddies
08-18-2012, 10:01 PM
Yes I think the corn would go moldy .... Toys r us sells the balls for $15 for 100 or $30 for 250. So it's quite reasonable if bringing it inside is an option

Dreamalittledream
08-19-2012, 06:54 AM
Think the tugboat will be too big for indoor:(

giraffe
08-19-2012, 07:13 AM
I dont have a sandbox anymore we have a big gravel pit and its great for the tonka trucks... So thats my vote "gravel"

Momof4
08-19-2012, 10:30 AM
Wow, how nice that you have all those presents! Whatever you decide, make sure you keep them covered because the cats and raccoons will poop in there. And ants are attracted to sand too.