PDA

View Full Version : Invoices

MeMe
08-20-2012, 10:41 AM
I am planning on supplying bi-weekly invoices to my parents. What all info should I have on it. If you have a invoice I would love to know what info is on it.
Thanks

playfelt
08-20-2012, 11:46 AM
I don't actually do invoices as the amount is the same week to week. Parents just give me a cheque and I write a receipt using a basic receipt book that has duplicates so I have a record too.

If you look in Word or other processing program you may find a template you like.

Parents' name
Child's name
Dates of care
Amount owing
A place to mark (your signature) when it is paid
Mark method of payment parent used
Have some sort of number on the invoice so you can file them easily (having the date at the top will work or number by month week such as August - week 1, August - week 2

That is basically all you need on the invoice.

You can add your address if you want
You will still need to issue an annual statement with SIN or BN number unless you put that on each invoice.

Inspired by Reggio
08-20-2012, 11:57 AM
Yup ~ I do not issue invoices either cause it is just too time consuming for the 'value' it would offer to the program ~ IME it is enough that their contract indicates if they are to pay weekly, bi~weekly or monthly in advance of care of the Friday by noon the contract also indicates how much their regular payment would be based on that plan ~ if they end up with a 'credit' for some reason that would alter their regular plan I just shoot them an email reminder that you payment for X date will be Y instead due to Z reasons.

I track how much I bill and receive from each client in an Excel program and than issue an annual tax receipt with the required information according to the CRA website found below on their site ... I registered a business name so that I do not have to provide the Social Insurance Number as required and can instead supply a Business Identification Number as I am not comfortable in putting my SIN out there willy nilly as that is all is needed to steal my identity :(

http://www.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/bsnss/tpcs/dycr/rcpts-eng.html

Momof4
08-20-2012, 04:01 PM
I don't issue invoices either. I expect payments to be made without any reminders. However, I purchased a receipt book from the dollar store and whenever a payment is made I write out a receipt in duplicate indicating the date, who paid, with 'childcare for -----' and the dates that they were in care eg. Aug. 20-24 and my signature. At the end of the year I tear out all the duplicates and give them to the parents all at once with a typed summary and total for their records to match all the receipts.