PDA

View Full Version : Referals ... who In Olreans has PT space avail. ?

lainey76
08-20-2012, 12:28 PM
Hi Ladies

I have a client whose co-worker is looking for a PT spot for Novemeber for a 1yr old.

Post your info. and i'll pass it along .

sunnydays
08-20-2012, 01:18 PM
I just PM'd you my info :)

lainey76
08-20-2012, 01:45 PM
Perfect will pass it on :)

playfelt
08-20-2012, 09:32 PM
I had a contact today for someone looking for Monday and Friday for a 2 year old - grandma has him the other days and she wants to give grandma a break. I don't think she liked the idea that I had all girls. It can work if two part timers manage to share a space. I know you have boys too Kangaroomama if you wanted me to pass on that contact too.

sunnydays
08-21-2012, 05:46 AM
Thanks Playfelt..I'll PM you with my contact info :)

I had a contact today for someone looking for Monday and Friday for a 2 year old - grandma has him the other days and she wants to give grandma a break. I don't think she liked the idea that I had all girls. It can work if two part timers manage to share a space. I know you have boys too Kangaroomama if you wanted me to pass on that contact too.

lainey76
08-21-2012, 08:19 AM
The parent of the part time boy usually 3 days but maybe 4 days as dad works shifts and they are never the same set days .... I have his co-workers daughter and some weeks it's m-w-f other weeks it's t-w-th- always different .

playfelt
08-21-2012, 09:06 AM
Lainey because they require you to hold the whole week available for them do they pay for the whole week, just the days they use or an amount inbetween such as a 4 day rate.

Have an interview with a family this week where the mom is a nurse doing shifts like that and dad has regular hours. At first she wanted 3 days but when I said she would have to narrow it down to what three days - which of course she couldn't she is willing to interview for a fulltime space liking the idea that it means she can pick up an extra shift or drop child off while she does errands since she is paying for the space anyways.

Just trying to get a sense of what others in the area are doing with some of the various scenerios.

sunnydays
08-21-2012, 11:39 AM
Hmmm...yeah, for a changing shift like that I would probably have to charge for a full-time spot because it would be impossible to fill the other days. I haven't yet encountered this, so no experience with it, but I am nto keen on part-time to begin with let alone rotating shifts. If they contact me, we'll see how it goes.

Crayola kiddies
08-21-2012, 12:00 PM
I had one like that when I first started and was too naive to realize what it really meant so she only paid for the days she used but I did get her to pay for all stats regardless if it was a regularly scheduled day plus my holidays in full. They are no longer with me and if I ever encountered the situation again I would charge for a full time spot.

lainey76
08-21-2012, 12:10 PM
Well for me , I only get them to pay for the days they use minimum 3 days (newbie mistake maybe ?) But I like the arrangement ....I have 2 full time kids who are here all week anyways and I have the 2 part timers (1 is police officer so rotating shifts who is here 4 days a week and my other part timer is here 3/4 days a week parent works at the youth jail).