PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Know What This Is?? Should I send the kids home?

Sandbox Sally
08-20-2012, 12:40 PM
I am going to go to clinic tonight after dck's go home, but what on earth is this??
http://i46.tinypic.com/23t57wi.jpg

The white at the top is my bra...so it's all over my belly, sides, back, butt, and now it's going down my thighs. No different foods or detergents or anything else, and nobody in my family of five has it but me. It started on Thursday, and is just getting progressively worse. It doesn't hurt, and only slightly itches. There is no pus in the raised bumps.

apples and bananas
08-20-2012, 12:45 PM
Oh man, that's not good. I don't know what that is. I'm sure it's not coming through well in the picture. You would know if it's a heat rash.

I probably would have followed my same procedures for my kids and let clients know last night that you have a rash geting worse and they can send their child at their own risk as you're not sure what it is. However, now that they're there and you have them, no sense in sending them home if you are able to care for them. If it's catchy, they've probably caught it.

i hope it's a simple solution and you feel better soon.

Sandbox Sally
08-20-2012, 01:02 PM
Thanks. It's still spreading, and I am kinda starting to freak out. It's deffo not heat rash, as it's been very mild here lately, and I have been in the heat a lot this summer.

Other Mummy
08-20-2012, 01:16 PM
Alphagetti, have you tried taking a dose of Benedryl and seeing if that calms the rash down or gets rid of most of it? IF so, you are probably dealing with an allergic reaction of some sort. If not, then it would probably warrant a trip to your local walk in clinic or a visit to your doc. Hope you are feeling better sooner rather than later :(

Inspired by Reggio
08-20-2012, 01:30 PM
I was going to make the same suggestion as Other Mummy ~ try Benedryl and if it 'calms' than you know it is likely some sort of allergic reaction to something and you might never know 'what' .... could be a bug bite, a weed or plant you touched outside, combination of foods you ate, pesticide on a food or something air born that you just 'breathed' in out and about in the community :(

If Benedryl does not help it definitely go to the Dr and get it checked out ... sometimes we get 'blood infections' from a tiny cut you would not even think was an issue and it can present in a 'rash' ... have you been checking yourself for 'fever' as well?

Lou
08-20-2012, 01:35 PM
That looks so uncomfortable!! I would just notify the parents, so they can make the decision on whether the kids should be picked up or not. Hope it's a quick fix!

godsgirl
08-20-2012, 01:36 PM
I'd say either an allergic reaction to something or might be shingles. I got shingles almost a year ago (thankfully it wasn't major but it looked like that - started behind my ear and worked it's way down my neck and to my chest and it was itchy - Apparently it can be caused by stress and can be contagious with skin to skin contact of the infected area). My son just had an allergic reaction to penicillin and it started off looking like that too and by day 4 he was one big hive. I say try some Benadryl like Other Mummy said and if that doesn't help I'd go to the doc just to be safe.

Momof4
08-20-2012, 03:56 PM
Go to the doctor, silly woman! We shouldn't be guessing with your health. Take care of yourself and get a medical opinion.

DCP_But_Momma_1st
08-20-2012, 07:04 PM
your shingles were itchy??? I had them and they were far from itchy. I have never experience such horrible pain. I had them on my neck and couldn't move my head at all it hurt so bad.

To me it looks like hives. Hope it is better now.

little rascals
08-21-2012, 10:06 AM
Not sure but I would go check it out. Let us know what you find out.

Dreamalittledream
08-21-2012, 12:31 PM
I had something similar at the start of the summer...it lasted about 2 weeks (Benedryl did not help) then suddenly (just as I decided to make an appointment) it just went away. Still have no idea what it was & no one else around me caught it. So weird?! Good luck:)

kidlove
08-21-2012, 01:07 PM
I always thought shingles were painful? and the only way you can contract the shingles "virus" is if you have had chicken pox. have you had chicken pox? It may also be a virus, sometimes dif viruses can cause rash. Hmmmm! I would def go to doc SOON, if its spreading and also tell parents, hate to have their kids come down with it in a few days and regret not removing them from care. Good Luck!

Lou
08-21-2012, 01:24 PM
How did it go at the clinic Alpha? Been thinking of you!

Inspired by Reggio
08-21-2012, 02:33 PM
How did it go at the clinic Alpha? Been thinking of you!

Ditto ~ hope you are on the mend!

kidlove
08-22-2012, 08:39 AM
So....whats the outcome? Did things simmer down? Hope so!!!!! :)

Sandbox Sally
08-22-2012, 01:20 PM
Sorry, got busy and didn't get back to DCB until today! All is well - was a contact allergy of some sort. Doc gave me a cortisone cream, and told me that no amount of antihistamine would have worked on it. It's starting to go down, and isn't very irritable any more. Phew.

I am thinking it was the Kiss My Face body wash I got for my daughter. I use the patchouli all the time, but this was a mint/lemon or something. Bummer, as it smells really nice. :)

Thanks for all the well wishes.

Inspired by Reggio
08-22-2012, 01:23 PM
Glad you are on the mend ~ bummer about the wash ... I have empathy cause there are very few products I can use on my skin without a reaction.

kidlove
08-22-2012, 01:55 PM
Oh goody! glad it wasnt some sort of nasty virus, now throw that stuff away!!!!! :laugh:

Momof4
08-22-2012, 04:27 PM
Alpha, I'm really glad you went to the doctor. Like I said, don't mess with your health. Feel better!

little rascals
08-22-2012, 06:11 PM
Glad everything is alright!

Lou
08-22-2012, 07:31 PM
Glad you are feeling much better!!

Sandbox Sally
08-24-2012, 09:29 AM
Thanks everyone. I am askeered that it wasn't the body wash after all...Three days with the cream, and it seems to be coming back. It's redder. I am soo soooo sad as I think I know the culprit. It's my...:crying: TIDE PODS!! Noooooo!!! Say it ain't so.....

Mamma_Mia
08-24-2012, 10:32 AM
Thank Goodness it's nothing worse!