PDA

View Full Version : Child of a daycare provider...lol

sunnydays
08-21-2012, 01:52 PM
Just had to share this...my daughter who just turned 2 came up to me yesterday evening with a puffy sticker she had found on the floor and said "Look, look!" all aggitated...and I was like "yeah, it's a frog sticker"...to which she said "no, it's a choking hazard!" hahahahah! Okay, so you know your child is growing up in a daycare when they say things like this! (And yes, my kids have all been early talkers with big vocabularies...lol) Any other stories to share from those of us who have our own kids and run a daycare?

kidlove
08-21-2012, 01:59 PM
Too funny! mine are alot older and its more of a "why do you have to have all these kids in the house every day?" or "Mom, ___________ just pooped in my room, thanks alot!!!" Everything that goes wrong that has to do with daycare kids is MY FAULT! Just wait til your kids get older. so much fun. Little do they know, if I dodnt do this, THEY would be in daycare and someone elses kid would be complaining about them.

Momof4
08-21-2012, 03:54 PM
Oh, what a great helper you have there.

dodge__driver11
08-21-2012, 04:02 PM
HHAHAHAAHAH

My 4 yo says " I dont think__________ is adjusting to daycare, do you need to have a weeting mom?

LOLOL

KingstonMom
08-21-2012, 06:12 PM
Just had to share this...my daughter who just turned 2 came up to me yesterday evening with a puffy sticker she had found on the floor and said "Look, look!" all aggitated...and I was like "yeah, it's a frog sticker"...to which she said "no, it's a choking hazard!" hahahahah! Okay, so you know your child is growing up in a daycare when they say things like this! (And yes, my kids have all been early talkers with big vocabularies...lol) Any other stories to share from those of us who have our own kids and run a daycare?

haha this just reminded me of my son with his younger sister. We often play with beads and stickers at craft time and I always say, we need to pick up our pieces because Emma can choke. (shes 9 mos, all the dcks are 2.5 and up). So the other day my son, who is potty training, had an accident (a poop) on the floor in the bathroom. I said to him, "we need to clean up the poop". He says "cause emma can choke, right?" ugggg GAGGGG!!! yes, I suppose thats also true!! barf!

Other Mummy
08-21-2012, 06:49 PM
LOL!! These are hillarious:laugh: Alas, I have no funny stories, just complaints from my 9 year old son who is home for summer vacation and having to share the computer with the daycare kids. He's not a happy camper:rolleyes:

sunnydays
08-22-2012, 06:23 AM
LOL :) Thanks for sharing mor funny stories...kids are so funny! I laugh way more now that I am with kids all day :)

kidlove
08-22-2012, 07:45 AM
So true....That goes back to the worst and best of this job. That is one of the best, the laughter!!!!!!:laugh ::laugh::laugh:

mommy22kids
08-31-2012, 12:40 PM
My son has mommy i dont want them here today I wish it was just our family.:no:
I do feel bad some times that he has to same me and had to do this since he was 1, oh well at least he gets to be with me all day.

Inspired by Reggio
08-31-2012, 01:21 PM
My son has mommy i dont want them here today I wish it was just our family.:no:
I do feel bad some times that he has to same me and had to do this since he was 1, oh well at least he gets to be with me all day.

This is such a hard concept for young children to get sometimes ... accepting that he should be 'grateful' to be sharing you because if he was not he would be the 1 of 5 daycare kids who was vying for the providers attention because mama would likely have to be working outside the home instead :(

mommydaycare
08-31-2012, 02:48 PM
My daughter is only 2.5 and i have slowly been getting the playroom set up but I am not using any of her toys but we have to go through the room for the front and the back door. She obviously sees them and so desperately wants to play with them but i dont want her having an attachment to them so I redirect her curiosity when passing through the room. She had a friend the exact same age come over to play who doesn't know when being dropped off that these toys are off limit until I hear my daughter say "no no, that's for mommy's work, no touch"
Its good to know she has been listening