PDA

View Full Version : Mess-free finger painting activity

jazmic
08-24-2012, 07:15 AM
Just came across this blog post idea for how to have mess-free finger painting. Love it! :)

http://hippiehousewife.blog spot.ca/2012/01/mess-free-finger-painting.html

kidlove
08-24-2012, 07:40 AM
AWSOME IDEA!!!!!! keep em comin jazmic!!!!!!! thanks :)

Momof4
08-24-2012, 08:53 AM
Oh, an acquaintance of mine found something like that on pinterest a while back. I bought the strongest big freezer bags and I use acrylic paint because it's cheap from the dollar store and squeeze in 3-4 globs of different colours in the bag and put in a couple tablespoons of vegetable oil and zip it up. You can also add glitter or small round objects that won't puncture the bag. This is great to have in your bag of tricks when they are begging to paint and you don't have time for all that entails. At the end of the day you just throw the bag away, but this keeps my group going for hours sometimes. Oh yes, for the very small babies I use a regular sized ziplock bag on their booster trays.

jazmic
08-24-2012, 09:28 AM
You're welcome! :) Tried it just this morning. It worked like a dream. I have 18mth old dcks so it was great. I completely underestimated their determination and desire to peel off the painters tape, though! Sheesh! lol.

Momof4
08-24-2012, 11:25 AM
Oh, I didn't even notice that they were taped down. I just let my daycare kids have the bags so they can turn them every which way they like to see the paint and oil flow or to push it around with their fingers for more variety.

sunnydays
08-24-2012, 11:44 AM
I love it! I'll definitely try this soon :) Thanks!

jazmic
08-24-2012, 12:21 PM
My kids are too young to just have the bags, I think. They'd just end up throwing them! That's why I loved this solution.

jec
08-24-2012, 12:32 PM
Very cool idea that we will have to try !! :thumbup:

Dreamalittledream
08-27-2012, 11:57 AM
I have to say that this was sooo cool! Until, within seconds my 1 year old cruiser ripped both bags with her nails....arrrggg. Fortunately, I was right there to minimize the mess. It is a very cool idea though...just with the ones that can be gentle! I think my next attempt will be to tape one to a board that I can sit in front of each individually & take away.

KingstonMom
08-27-2012, 12:40 PM
Tried this on Friday as well. i had it set as 'placemats' for when my kids woke up, they had their snack, drink and 'finger-paint placemat' ready to go. My only complaint is that I put too much paint in the bags and not only did it waste quite a bit of paint, but they could hardly see the white paper underneath, as the paint kept squishing around. Oh well, I will try it again and this time with the larger freezer bags. I only had the medium sized ones at the time. (bigger than a sandwich bag though!)