PDA

View Full Version : Vacation!!

jec
08-27-2012, 08:08 AM
Time to recharge my batteries and off until September 7th. :woot:

I don't get paid for my holidays which is the pits but, sooo worth it!
Just wondering how many of you out there get paid ~ and it is 100% or 50% or like me, don't get paid

kidlove
08-27-2012, 08:26 AM
I dont get paid when I choose to take time off, I just dont feel it is right to ask parents to pay when I make myself unavailable. The only time I require pay is if they call last minute for days off for whatever reason and I am here to provide care for their child. The loss in pay is no stin off my back though......;) ;) so worth the time off. :) enjoy your vacation! I envy you a little! :)

Littledragon
08-27-2012, 08:45 AM
100% for three weeks - 2 in summer and one at xmas.

I am VERY jealous!! I didn't take a summer vacation bc I only opened in May, but I am feeling it. I am counting down the days till my xmas vacation

dodge__driver11
08-27-2012, 08:57 AM
My vac is Sept 10-24 and its unpaid, but I have 2 weeks paid and 2 weeks unpaid....

Counting the days....

Wooooooooo

Momof4
08-27-2012, 09:19 AM
I take 3 weeks a year, pretty much one every 3-4 months so I have a rest to look forward to, but my weeks off are unpaid. Then the parents pay full fees for the other 49 weeks of the year. It's easy to explain to the parents when I say it that way. But then there are the nice breaks at Christmas and I added Christmas Eve Day because that's a busy day for me and I've written Easter Monday into my contract for a 4 day weekend that month.

jec
08-27-2012, 09:27 AM
I take around 2 1/2 weeks - I book off two weeks during the summer months and then book the odd day around Christmas holidays - like you Momof4 Christmas Eve is my most fav day of the year....this upcoming back to school day for our kids. Just a day here and there to make some extra long weekends
I give my daycare families a schedule in January so they can arrange to get my days covered.
it's great to be able to take what holidays we want ~ a definate perk of the job!!

Crayola kiddies
08-27-2012, 10:31 AM
I have three weeks all paid and this week is one of them .....looking forward to sleeping in all week ; )

jec
08-27-2012, 12:03 PM
this week is one of them .....looking forward to sleeping in all week ; )

Enjoy!!! My kids and I slept in until 8am!! :woot: That is VERY late for me!