PDA

View Full Version : FYI Warning re: coyotes!!

Mamma_Mia
08-28-2012, 12:34 PM
I was at Rotery Park in Ajax,ON today (by the lake) and two coyotes came after a woman & her two dogs! The woman picked the dogs up and ran and the coyotes we're chasing her! Two men nearby ran to help and they took off.....

Be careful......they're out & hungry, which mean being braver/fearless!!

All of us with kids left ASAP when we heard that...not risking our little ones getting hurt.

apples and bananas
08-28-2012, 01:01 PM
Oh my goodness... thank God you and your kids weren't involved. What a nightmare. Thank you for posting.

kidlove
08-28-2012, 02:10 PM
Wow! That is a crazy thought! Who would think of such a crazy situation. glad your kiddos were ok!!

Inspired by Reggio
08-28-2012, 02:18 PM
Oh wow that is scary ... I am glad no one was hurt!

I admit I do feel sorry for the animals because we keep encroaching on their hunting territories and affecting their habitats so more and more stuff like this is bound to happen as a result :(

Toregone
08-28-2012, 05:18 PM
YIKES! That sounds very aggressive. I live in Edmonton and my previous home was in a suburb that was plently of coyotes but they were not aggressive at all thank goodness. It was actually kind of fun to watch them running in the fields behind my house.

So glad no one was hurt.

Momof4
08-28-2012, 06:49 PM
Holy crap! Were they anywhere near you? That must have scared the bejeeebus out of you. Is Animal Control or the police after the coyotes this evening I hope?

Sandbox Sally
08-29-2012, 01:18 PM
Coyotes are actually very non aggressive by nature. If they were approaching animals or humans, it's a problem, as this is very unusual coyote behaviour.

http://www.toronto.ca/animal_services/coyote.htm

Mamma_Mia
08-29-2012, 03:22 PM
Thankfully no one was hurt and we were by the playground area....this happened maybe 50-70ft away from us! There were MANY people with dogs and kids out....so it's a BIG problem that they came out!!

Momof4
08-29-2012, 05:07 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking MammMia. I grew up on the farm and when we saw an animal like a fox during daylight hours our first thought would be that they have rabies because that is not normal behaviour. This is why I find a daytime coyote sighting where they are obvious not afraid of people to be very frightening.