PDA

View Full Version : Hello nap time

Toregone
08-28-2012, 01:55 PM
Oh hello old friend, you've finally arrived! You're a little late but don't worry, I forgive you. What's that? You want to laze on the couch, watch TV and do nothing for an hour? What a suprise... so do I! :laugh:

It is one of those days that really makes you count down until nap time. I only have 1 dck this week as everyone else is on holidays but her and my son are FIGHTING! It's gonna be a looooong week.

kidlove
08-28-2012, 02:07 PM
GOOD LUCK! and ENJOY YOUR REST!!!!!;)

jazmic
08-28-2012, 02:14 PM
LOL! Amen sister!

One of my clients had been thinking about going back to work (was on mat leave for 2nd child), but couldn't make up her mind. I have been watching her older daughter for a while. Anyway, she shows up this morning with dcg and child number 2 and says yep, I've decided to go back to work next week so we need to transition xxxx into your care starting today. Uhhhhh... you couldn't have called me last night? Or e-mailed me? Or sent smoke signals? Anything??!!! I was unprepared, but said ok. She had brought payment with her and has been a great client till now. Siigh. I would have appreciated some smoke signals though. :)

kidlove
08-28-2012, 02:22 PM
Wow, thats a bold move......freakin people, like as if you were sitting around this am like "hmm, I wish someone could just come through my door and kick me right in the face" WAM!!! there she was! :) oh well, bigger paycheck right? $$$$$$$$$$$$$

kidlove
08-28-2012, 02:30 PM
Was thinking just today about a Mom I had posted about a few months back. This Mom had called me the day after her second child was born and told me she wanted to give her two weeks notice, the cost of care would be too much and she decided, given she was home for mat leave, she would keep her daughter for the rest of summer as well (we had an agreement, to have her duaghter still come for three day/week due to contract requiring continued pay during her leave) so she just figured she would terminate care for the summer and save a buck. I asked her what she planned to do with tthe kids in the fall and she told me her daughter would be going to preschool and she was trying to get the baby into "free" care at the tribal care center. Well I happen to know her daughter is going to a preschool that requires pay AND is only a 3 hour session per day, sooooo, I just figured she found someone else cheaper or free, but didnt want to tell me. either way I let her take her two weeks and leave, what ever her kid was a brat anyway.....well, heres the kicker, school goes back in one week and she JUST text me yesterday asking if "I wanted to meet one day this week to "hang out"?" There is a little part of me that's thinking. hmmmm she took her "termination" as a break in pay, and may now want to ask me to take the baby or both back a couple days a week? Hmmm, on principle alone...SUFFER! Go find some cheap freak that will give you the quality care you are looking for in the lack of money you want to spend somewhere else!!! I'm not full, but I'm also not desperate.

Mamma_Mia
08-28-2012, 02:47 PM
Today has been a GREAT day!!! <insert evil laugh>

My 10mos old dcg woke up (at home) at 8am and ate at 8:30 - she was due for her nap at 12pm after lunch, I tried 3 times to feed her and she would shake her head, cry and firmly close her mouth. Ok I got it kid - no food.

So on the car ride home form the park she fell asleep, I put her into bed and she's STILL SLEEPING!!!!! <l.o.v.e.m.y.j.o.b.t. o.d.a.y> :thumbsup:

P/U is at 5:00pm so I'll go in and wake her at 4...feed her and hand her over to the parents! See'ya until Friday LOL :wave:

jazmic
08-28-2012, 02:53 PM
oh well, bigger paycheck right? $$$$$$$$$$$$$

:thumbsup: That's why I didn't make a big deal out of it.