PDA

View Full Version : Just got an "on my way" text. everyone is sleeping!!!!!!!!!

kidlove
08-29-2012, 01:37 PM
Just got a text from a Mom she is on her way to get her daughter.....everyon e is still sleeping, including the "crier".:cursing:

Sandbox Sally
08-29-2012, 01:41 PM
Nope. No. I would say no. It's in my rule book.

apples and bananas
08-29-2012, 01:42 PM
Oh no, I make sure the parents know right from the beginning that I have a 12-3 quiet time. No pick ups/drop offs! I can handle almost anything these kids and parents throw at me, but I need my nap time otherwise I am no good! Make sure you tell her when she arrives... better yet I would've text her back to say "so and so's sleeping, any way you can wait XXX time and I'll text you as soon as I have him ready? "

Littledragon
08-29-2012, 01:43 PM
I would text her back and say "sorry, the babies are sleeping. can you come when they wake up at *this time*? It's in my policies that parents are not to pick their children up during nap times. I've only had it happen once, she texted and said she was on her way...25 minutes after they'd gone to bed, and I said sorry, come at 3:30.

kidlove
08-29-2012, 01:49 PM
For other people I DO! always. this unfortunately is my sis in law, and my niece. I guess with family its harder to be a bi$%^! :) I did text her to use my back door, but I am certain it will still wake the "crier". def pisses me off, even though its family, I guess I will get her up as quiet as possible and send her outside with my daughter. UUUUUGH! I dont care who the person is, it def ticks me off, like seriously I am doing NO housework and walking on eggshells to keep this guy asleep and here comes a parent early? just a quick vent....these are the things that bug me about this job, like...she got off work early because of it, I got off "break" early! happy wednesday!!! everyone. :) :)

Littledragon
08-29-2012, 02:11 PM
since she's family, couldn't have just asked to her to hold it? was it an emergency to pick up the kid? Doesn't she understand what it means to pick up a child early. If my sister in law wanted to come early, I would have told her to hold her horses. lol

kidlove
08-29-2012, 02:31 PM
She is a crier herself about 8 months pregnant and no joke...cries about everything when shes not pregnant! :) ha ha ...... plus we live in the country and she lives about 15 minutes farther out than us, so I guess it would just put her out to have to find something else to do instead of pick up. I guess!!? it seems in this job no matter what your contracts are or how many times you re-inforce them, someone always seems to have a special circumstance or reason for sliding around the rules or attempting to bend them at their convenience. and for us it seems, just like raising our children, we have to chose when to let it slide and when to make a big deal of it. otherwise I think I would be "getting after" my daycare parents all the time.

kidlove
08-29-2012, 02:34 PM
I do have to learn to be more FIRM with my rules though, wow! how do you do that after doingthis for 10 years? sometimes I wonder if I'm just always going to be "who I am" and learn to deal with getting stepped on sometimes. It seems the nature of the job, to some extent. right? :(

Mamma_Mia
08-29-2012, 03:43 PM
Oh I would make sure to mention it to her when she does come that for FUTURE she can text you to see if it's OK to come...and if NOT...then at what time? "to not make her go out of her way".
And because I have a big mouth :D I'd say in a joking way "if you wake up the 'crier' XXXXX you will have to put them back to sleep" laugh.laugh. NOT

Momof4
08-29-2012, 05:05 PM
It's in my contract: arrive before 9am because we will be leaving and pick up after 3pm because we will be napping.

Play and Learn
08-29-2012, 05:16 PM
I don't usually let people come during nap time UNLESS they ask me at the beginning of the day at drop-off. That way I can put the child in a different place for nap time, and get them ready for pick-up without disrupting the group.

I also state that late fees will be fined if they don't come on time, as I'm going out of my way to accommodate them! Let me tell you, it works! :D

Toregone
08-29-2012, 08:00 PM
ARGH! I hate that text. I had one family in care that regardless of how many times I told them coming during nap time wakes the other children and that I would appreciate them not coming they did anyway. They got termed for other reasons so I don't have to deal with it anymore. Any new families will not get the option to do this. It just wakes the other kids and makes my afternoon a pain in the behind.