PDA

View Full Version : Things kids say...

KingstonMom
08-30-2012, 12:33 PM
One of my dcgs (who happens to be my next door neighbour) told me that "Mommy is getting her botox done today". Mom picked her up at noon and sure enough, giant sunglasses on!

Just a little snicker to myself as Im sure Mom did not want her daughter announcing this news to me. tee-hee!!

Anyone else have stories of cute things kids say? that maybe they shouldnt??

Yarnlover
08-30-2012, 12:44 PM
I been reading a new book to my 23 month old daughter about a "humongus fire truck". At a family dinner about a month ago my girl put her hand on my butt and said "humongous Mama". My husband choked on his food he laughed so hard!

KingstonMom
08-30-2012, 12:52 PM
hahah that reminds me when i was in a busy restaurant bathroom with my son, 28 months. He peed and pooped on the toilet in the stall with me then I used the toilet for a pee. When i got up, he looked in the toilet, saw HIS poop and shouts: "Mama Pooped! Mama Pooped!!" I sounded ridiculous saying "shhhh no, I didnt, it was YOU who pooped!!"
Oh boys....

kidlove
08-30-2012, 01:12 PM
too cute!!!! :)

mimi
08-30-2012, 01:19 PM
my almost 3 yr old dcb was telling my husband he was going to a major league baseball game. When my husband asked him if the Blue Jays play baseball dcb rolled his eye's, shook his head and said with an air of exasperation "No Bob, people do" The look on my husband's face was priceless. I quess he got told!

mimi
08-30-2012, 01:23 PM
Oh here's another: We were reading a book who's theme was about how we all have eyes, nose etc. but can look different. One of my dcg's was studying me for several moments so I thought she was really taking in the lesson when she said "Mimi, you know, if you had a different face, I bet you would be beautiful" Ah thanks...........I think :blink:

Toregone
08-30-2012, 03:11 PM
When I was getting married my niece was my flower girl, she was 3 maybe 4 at the time. She showed me her pretty flower girl dress a few days before the wedding and I said "Oh wow! You're going to look so pretty, no one will even notice I'm behind you!" To which she responded "Don't worry, I'm sure someone will look at you." Oh what a cutie.

Mamma_Mia
08-30-2012, 04:43 PM
All of these are too cute!!

dcg let the 'cat-out-of-the-bag' about her mom being pregnant by telling me everyday that mommy's baby is moving and another day she tells me that mommy had to buy new pants because the baby was getting big.....gotcha!

Momof4
08-30-2012, 05:11 PM
I'm always laughing at the things the daycare children say, but my favourite came from my grandson a few years back. He was toilet training with a little girl and I asked him to move over because the little girl was sitting on the small potty and he was peeing in the big toilet. He said "I know girls have to sit down to pee because boys have weiners and girls have petunias." I still cannot plant petunias in my garden.

Momof4
08-30-2012, 05:13 PM
My youngest daughter was very honest when she was 3 and would always tell me that my dress was ugly or my hair looked bad.

One of my dcgirls just outed her Mom as pregnant as well. She was talking to her grandpa about it and he told her is was a secret, but she said her Mom said she could talk to grandpa about it, she just wasn't supposed to tell me, ooops.

angelina
12-10-2012, 01:15 PM
these are very cute. :) love the lunch break giggles.

my 8 year old son witness me kicking our door to basement, and it broke, this was last summer. It was one saturday afternoon, laundry basket is full, tv is loud and nobody hears me when i ask for help opening the door. I kicked and the door is off. I said, Ops! no harm done, no casualty. I went to home depot, get the super wood glue, put the hinges back on and door is back.

few days ago, when there were good amount of snow in the ground, my son was playing with the kids in the area, and i overhear one kid saying; my mom has a black belt, and one kid said, yeah my mom is stronger, she can lift big garbage bins, and my son said, my mom can break doors. i wanted to hide under the couch! ops..and he did not forget about it.
i would turn purple if my neighbor ask me how did I a break a door!

\phew, kids remember.

Serendipity
12-10-2012, 02:11 PM
We were doing a unit on names so I was asking the DCK's what their family members names' were. When I asked one little guy (age 4) what his dad's name was and he jsut kept saying "dad". Finally after going round and round a few times with him, I said, "Okay, what does your mom call your dad?" and without missing a beat the little guy said "Dumba$$".

I about choked! But I did laugh! I told DCM about it at pick up and she just said, "Oops, I will have to watch my mouth around him better". She wasn't embarrassed at all. LOL!

JennJubie
12-10-2012, 02:52 PM
Once when I was out walking with my kids, my son asked me "What's that noise?" So I told him it was a squirrel. He asked if the squirrel had already eaten all of his nuts for the winter, and I said that it was possible. Then he looks at me and says "So he's sad that he has no nuts?" I burst out laughing right there.

Sandbox Sally
12-10-2012, 03:06 PM
These are great!

When my DD2 was about 2 yrs old, she was talking to my mom on the cordless phone. While she was chatting, she was walking around the rec room. She kinda did a skip, and she tripped. The phone flew out of her hands and landed across the room. She shrieked, ran over to the phone picked it up and yelled into the receiver, "oh no NANNY!! Are you ok??". :wub: I laughed for about an hour, I swear.

sunnydays
12-10-2012, 03:31 PM
This is funny...but also soooo sad! What a disfunctional relationship that must be if that is what she calls her husband,....and in front of the kids! :no:

We were doing a unit on names so I was asking the DCK's what their family members names' were. When I asked one little guy (age 4) what his dad's name was and he jsut kept saying "dad". Finally after going round and round a few times with him, I said, "Okay, what does your mom call your dad?" and without missing a beat the little guy said "Dumba$$".

I about choked! But I did laugh! I told DCM about it at pick up and she just said, "Oops, I will have to watch my mouth around him better". She wasn't embarrassed at all. LOL!

DisneyPrincess
12-13-2012, 08:13 AM
all of these are too cute!!

Dcg let the 'cat-out-of-the-bag' about her mom being pregnant by telling me everyday that mommy's baby is moving and another day she tells me that mommy had to buy new pants because the baby was getting big.....gotcha!

hahaha that is so funny lolll

Cadillac
12-13-2012, 08:49 AM
My husband got home from work early and was chasing our 2.5 year old daughter around patting her bum and such. one of my DCB (just 3) looked at him and yelled DON'T YOU TOUCH HER BUM! THAT'S MY GIRL!!!!!!

Cadillac
12-13-2012, 08:51 AM
This is funny...but also soooo sad! What a disfunctional relationship that must be if that is what she calls her husband,....and in front of the kids! :no:

They could jus be joking around too much. lets not make assumptions

bright sparks
12-13-2012, 09:03 AM
Thank you everyone for sharing these stories. I've not laughed this much in ages...it felt good.

I have a 3 yr old dcg. When I am changing her little brother aged 17 months she always comes over and peers over him saying the usual "boys have penis' and girls have bums" All of them say it and as we all know it is a phase of normal curiosity. So a couple of weeks ago she does her usual moment of observation but says"awwww look at my brothers cute little penis" LOLOL it didn't stop there though. She straight away looked at me and say " **** has a little penis but my dad has a HUGE penis" She literally screamed the word huge and it was all with complete innocence as I was unable to contain my laughter and was literally rolling around on the floor. I told her mum at pick up who thought it was hillarious but the next morning she told me that once she had told her husband that he was totally mortified HAHAHAHA

angelina
12-13-2012, 09:19 PM

lol:) on the opposite side, my son was ask his daddy's name at the playgroup, he said his name is "Honey".

Harmoni
01-08-2013, 04:10 PM
I told her mum at pick up who thought it was hillarious but the next morning she told me that once she had told her husband that he was totally mortified HAHAHAHA

That is hilarious! Sounds like you have a great relationship with that parent, I have one who is just great! If I didn't babysit her kids I'am sure we would be friends!

We had a little X-mas party at McDonalds (for the funhouse, of course) little dcg who is almost three, slipped on the ice just outside the door. This elderly grandma tried to help her and she SCREAMS "You can't touch me!!!" and scrambled the foot and a half back to my ankles! I guess the stranger danger lesson stuck! I started laughing and almost dropped the two year old who was having a tantrum because it was home time!