PDA

View Full Version : Really? Wow.

Starshine
08-31-2012, 10:51 AM
I noticed an ad on kijiji today in the childcare section--someone had posted a referral for a specific daycare, saying that her kid attended and they loved it and how good it was, etc etc. I've never seen an ad like that before. I clicked on 'poster's other ads' and found postings advertising the same daycare. So the provider is falsely posting referrals for her own daycare. Pretty low.

KingstonMom
08-31-2012, 11:24 AM
hahahah thats hilarious!! someone should email her letting her know that people often click on "other poster's ads".
What a desperate move

mommydaycare
08-31-2012, 11:25 AM
I just realized that an "inquiring parent" was actually a provider so I wouldn't hesitate to think that it could be her seeing how she found me off of that same site

Mamma_Mia
08-31-2012, 11:57 AM
I would soooo email her!!!

Saying - Hello, this is odd but I clicked on the 'posters other ads' section (like everyone else does) and notice that you're providing daycare for the add you're giving a refferal too.....is it just me or is that a bit of a No-No?

:laugh:

dodge__driver11
08-31-2012, 12:38 PM
I get very frustrated when I see ads like this.....

I shake my head, and wonder are we really this cut throat?

______________ Home Daycare has openings available

I have been operating a child care home for over 10 years my fees have stayed the same over the years and feel that quality care shoud not drain your pockets. ( I am a mom of three older children (14,10,5)
I thrive on caring for your children and enjoy when they come We do outings and play games, we color and read, we dance and play! My home is not over run with big colourful toys as I the care provider take the time to do activities with your child and not just Watch them play! We teach how to share, use manners, take turns, proper hand washing. and how to clean up!
I treat your children like they are my own I kiss booboos and wipe boggies I cuddle during movie time and spend some early mornings baking for them as feel that a cookie fresh from the oven is way better than the bag that was on sale at wall mart. We eat hot healthy Kid friendly lunches and snacks.
My hours are from 7 am to 6 pm mondays to fridays
I do also do overnights during the week for $40.00 ( for that special occasion or just a break)
my home is smoke free, we do have pets. I have a criminal record check. I have taken C.P.R. day care safe and safe food handling, I give references and receipts I am not licence ( not subsidized) but run my home following all the rules and regulations.
please contact for fees and any other information or if you would like to set up an appointment to meet me thanks

Monthly fees :
Infant under 12 months: $500
toddlers 12 months to 3 years: $450
preschool: 3 years to 5 years: $400
Daily fees ( For part time)
Infant under 12 months: $30
toddlers 12 months to 3 years: $25
preschool: 3 years to 5 years: $20

___________ @ 3________

Inspired by Reggio
08-31-2012, 12:59 PM
hahahah thats hilarious!! someone should email her letting her know that people often click on "other poster's ads".
What a desperate move

I agree .... unprofessional and doing more harm that good for herself ... honesty is ALWAYS best no provider should ever have to get 'fake referrals' for themselves.

Even when I was a 'newbie' I had references from people who'd seen my work with children either in a volunteer role, caring for families children, college professors and so forth .... think outside the box for your references but make sure they are 'authentic'!

IMO your potential clients catch you in a LIE than there goes your creditability in the community cause if you lie about something as silly as a fake reference than what else are you willing to lie about .... not to mention that we are ROLE MODELS to future generations and if our character is to 'lie to get ahead in the world' than well sadly that is going to be what children in the program see and whose going to want to send their child to someone like that?

Momof4
08-31-2012, 04:09 PM
I would soooo email her!!!

Saying - Hello, this is odd but I clicked on the 'posters other ads' section (like everyone else does) and notice that you're providing daycare for the add you're giving a refferal too.....is it just me or is that a bit of a No-No?

:laugh:

LOVE IT! This calls for my favourite word - what a WANKER!