PDA

View Full Version : Just starting out

JennJubie
09-01-2012, 03:07 PM
I'm just starting out. I've been reading some posts on this forum and you all seem so nice and helpful I just wanted to introduce myself :)

I've been very lucky in the fact that I've got a friend who runs her own daycare helping me through this, and another lovely lady just around the block who also runs her own daycare who has been just super with helping me get started!

Although, I've already had one not so good experience with advertising. I put an ad on Kijiji, and recieved an email that someone had reported my ad as no longer available or not current - not even two days after I posted it! Has this ever happened to anyone else? Why would someone do that?

Momof4
09-01-2012, 04:29 PM
Welcome to the forum and I hope we can help you. If I were you I would contact the Admin on kijiji, there must be a way to do that and ask them about the problem. Then place a new ad. I have to tell you that I really screen people who respond to my kijiji ad. The people who contact me from my ad on this site have done the work to try to find quality caregivers where the people who find you on kijiji sometimes are not always looking for quality and sometimes their first question is about your rates.

You learn as you interview people how to spot what we call the 'red flags' that will cause you problems as you try to work with parents. Ask us anything and we will try to help.

JennJubie
09-01-2012, 04:52 PM
Someone would have had to reported it. Basically you'd get that message if someone tried to respond to your ad, but your email was invalid or you didn't respond. I checked all my information and it's correct, and I check my mail regularly.

Thank you for the advice. I've heard that before about people responding from Kijiji, that you have to be a little more careful with screening.

JennJubie
09-06-2012, 01:50 PM
So I did as suggested, and I re posted the ad, and not even a day later, somebody reported it as 'no longer relevant' again. It has to be done by another Kijiji user. Is someone being catty? :(

Bookworm
09-06-2012, 01:59 PM
Probably someone being catty. I would see if you can get administration to resolve the issue.

Mamma_Mia
09-07-2012, 07:47 AM
Sounds like compitition getting out of hand! I'd speak to admins abuout it too. Show the history, two days on isn't irrelevant....some people go so low, its sad.

Don't let that hold you back! Also try some other area, library, schools, local churchs - tell them tht you'd like to maybe drop off some flyers or to notify them that if anyone is looking for daycare you're available. Grocery stores that allow ads on the bultten board. If yu have those central mail boxes put a flyer on there too....

Good Luck!