PDA

View Full Version : Won't let me change his diaper

apples and bananas
09-04-2012, 11:54 AM
I have a new boy, he started today. He's almost 3. He has not been potty trained... just hasn't shown any interest. He will not let me change his diaper. HE seemed ok when he went down for a nap, but he throws a huge tantrum when I go near him! This is the first time in a home daycare environment, he's come from being at home with a nanny.

Any suggestions? What if he poops before the day is done? I can't force him to lay still for me... And he hits and kicks when I try to take his hand to go somewhere, of if I'm assisting him with a toy. He does not want me anywhere near him!

kidlove
09-05-2012, 11:03 AM
Wait a minute...this guy is 3 yrs old? ooooohhhhh!!!!!! thats too old to have SUCH a har dtme. for some reason in your other post regarding not playing, I was thinking he was more like 1 or so. hmmm! wouldnt give it too much effort, he may just be a "spoiled" child. in which case...those ones are no fun at all! I would at least change him once, but I get you there, feels kind of strange havinga three year old scream and cry when you change their diaper. unless there is something wrong with him, I would tell parents by 3.5 (if you still have him then) you can no longer provide care if he's not trained. thts crazy, how old is he exactly?

Momof4
09-05-2012, 11:28 AM
Ask the Mom how he behaves when she changes him and ask her advice. Then get out the duct tape tomorrow. JUST KIDDING!!! That's awful! He's almost 3 and usually I have children toilet training by that time and they are getting big enough to understand everything you say to him, so if you tell him he's hurting you and talk to him doesn't he listen? This doesn't sound like a keeper unless the parents can help you out A LOT.