PDA

View Full Version : Emergency contact forms

Starshine
09-04-2012, 07:51 PM
So, I have forms filled out for each child with all of the contact info, emergency contacts, medical history, etc etc. But when we go out of the house, on field trips or what have you, I cannot bring 4-5 folders full of information with me. I'm thinking I can just have a sheet of paper with all of the really important info on it and keep it in my wallet. What should I include on the sheet?

Play and Learn
09-04-2012, 08:13 PM
Child's full name, parents names & phone numbers, DOB, Health Card info.

I have these on index cards in a ziploc baggy and leave in the wagon for when we go on walks. I always make sure I have my cell phone with me as well.

Mamma_Mia
09-04-2012, 09:04 PM

I have a 2pg form with all this info for each child - the above info plus emerg contacts, allergies etc. I always have it with me in my diaper bag or purse

Toregone
09-04-2012, 09:56 PM

I have these on index cards in a ziploc baggy and leave in the wagon for when we go on walks. I always make sure I have my cell phone with me as well.

I like this idea! I think I might just do this up. I just carry my cell which has parents numbers and some basic info saved in it but what if it happens to die on me and I need the info?

Inspired by Reggio
09-05-2012, 06:43 AM
I put all this as 'notes' for each child in my cellphone so I only have to carry my phone with me out and about to parks and so forth ... I do have a 'hard copy chart' I did up in Word that has every child's info in smaller font than I 'print' out on an 8.5 x 11 paper in the vehicle and posted on the wall in the playroom should something happen to my phone ... all their other personal info is than able to be locked in the cabinet in my office.

kidlove
09-05-2012, 07:42 AM
just an idea but my daughters preschool had copies of the kids info cards laminated and put on a key chain ring or larger "binder-like" ring. you could put that on your stroller or throw in your first aid kit. just thought I'd share it, always thought it was a good idea, handy and weather proof. :)

Momof4
09-05-2012, 08:46 AM
I have 2 page medical/emergency forms and my picture permission forms in a small duotang type binder in a light waterproof pouch that is in my bag to go outside at all times. All the contracts are in a separate book stored in my cupboard. That way I don't have any problems toting the medical parts around with me just in case I ever need them.

When I updated my CPR/First Aid last year I asked the paramedic if this was a good plan and she said it's a fantastic plan. She told me there are too many caregivers who don't have any information with them when they call 911. My forms are in page protectors meant to pull out of the booklet and hand to the paramedics who will meet the parents at the medical facility if I ever have to send a child away in an ambulance. Gawd, I hope that never happens!

My picture permission forms are in the booklet because I've been approached in the park by the local media before for pictures of my dckids and I told them no because I didn't have permission but the parents all agreed to change the forms to include that so they may get their child's pic in the newspaper some day.

Starshine
09-05-2012, 08:24 PM
When I updated my CPR/First Aid last year I asked the paramedic if this was a good plan and she said it's a fantastic plan. She told me there are too many caregivers who don't have any information with them when they call 911.

What information did the paramedic say you should have with you? I have child's full name, parent's name and phone numbers, emergency contact names and phone numbers.

Do they need the date of birth or the health card number?

Momof4
09-05-2012, 08:57 PM
No problem Starshine.

I call it my Medical History & Emergency Contact Form.
It has the child's name, birthdate, parents names, home & cell & work phones, any other emergency contacts like grandparents with phone #'s, the child's physicial, phone # & the Health Ins. #.
On the 2nd page is listed a Health History for the child, any allergies, immunized or not, if they have had Chicken Pox, Red Measles, Whooping Cough, German Measles, Mumps or other. Then I have a question - is the child prone to: Earaches, headaches, colds, sore throats, stomach aches, just to get a history before the child is in my care.

This is at the end:

In the event of an emergency when I am not available, I give permission to the emergency physical or medical team to administer any medical procedures deemed nessary.

I will also take responsibility for the cost of any emergency transportation.
Signed & dated by parents.

As I said, these forms are meant to be given to the paramedics so they can start to save the child's life before the parents arrive and also I don't want to have an ambulance bill, so I added that so the parents have taken responsiblity.