PDA

View Full Version : The gym

Littledragon
09-05-2012, 08:56 AM
Yesterday, I was feeling SO shi**y!! I didn't want to do anything. I cried a lot, and I didn't even want to have the daycare anymore! Then last night, I forced myself to go to the gym (I'm trying to lose weight, which has been another big stresser on me) and today I feel totally reguvinated (sp). I have moe energy, I'm happier, more willing to play and do activities.

Definitely reccomend the gym as a stress relief! Although I hated it while I was there, I felt so much better this morning!

kidlove
09-05-2012, 09:06 AM
Thats a really good idea, I think I will go for a BRISK walk tonight, who knows, maybe I will even run for a bit!!! Always lifts my spirits. It's a mix of addrenelin (sp) and selfesteem boost (doing something for you) in this job and just being a good Mom and Wife, we usually put ourselves last, can really get you down in the dumps, I think by taking SOME control back, by doing something for yourself, even if its 20 minutes , really does a woman good!!!!! good for you, keep it up! :)

mimi
09-05-2012, 09:09 AM
With my ipod singing in my ears, I used to go for an hours walk most evenings. I think I will start doing that again as I stopped making the time for it. I know I always felt better physically and mentally and I didn't feel guilty if I spent the rest of the evening on the couch! :laugh:

Dreamalittledream
09-05-2012, 09:31 AM
Sigh...thinking back to all of the Gym Memberships I paid for & had full intention of going...very happy for you! You have all inspired me. I'm going to throw my MP3 on & take a nice long walk tonight...will probably get a great night sleep out of it too:)

Mamma_Mia
09-05-2012, 01:37 PM
[[[digging through every basket and drawer looking for ipod]]]

crafty
09-05-2012, 02:29 PM
My gosh I so totaly agree that exercise work when you feel tired and down. I try to get a small but still good workout when the kiddies sleep. Makes my afternoons so much better. Sometimes, it's just to get that motivation up that's the tricky part. I am soooo longing for my old school areobics classes. My gym stoped offering them and I can't find anything else I like or with hours that works for me.

michellesmunchkins
09-05-2012, 03:31 PM
Absolutely!!!! My whole family and I go every night to the gym. My son who is 6 has 2 hour programs (basketball, floor hockey, sports/games, soccer etc) every night and on the weekend that the staff at the gym supervise. My teenager daughter and I take zumba classes, kick boxing classes and pilates and aquafit (plus use the equipment). My husband spends his nights in the weigh training. Its great for relieving frustration and something the whole family could do together. If it wasn't for the gym I would have quit this job months ago!!!! I have lost over 60 pounds in under a year joining a gym! :)

Momof4
09-05-2012, 06:18 PM
Oh, I know I should do this! I've put it off way too long. I'm happy you feel strong after just one time back and wish you luck with your healthy lifestyle. I'm trying to eat better and now that the hot weather should be giving us a break soon I want to get out walking and walking, and NOT at toddler speed!