PDA

View Full Version : Charlene New Day Care!!

charlene
09-05-2012, 10:23 AM
Hi, Im starting a day care in my home in long sault. Just wondering how long it took people to start getting calls/children. Ive been putting the word out/flyers for about two weeks now and still havent gotten one phone call!! I'm starting to get worried!!:(

Play and Learn
09-05-2012, 10:32 AM
Don't be worried. It took me over a year to 'fill' up my spaces.

Problem that individuals don't realize about home daycares is that it isn't steady income all the time. I could be full one day, and then next day have spaces to fill up.

Just sit back, and wait. That's all we really can do.

mimi
09-05-2012, 10:39 AM
I knew another provider who was my daycare mentor. She gave me a referral. That referral referred me to a coworker etc. It took me about 6 months to fill up. I would advise getting to know other caregivers in your area and networking with them and to join daycare groups and forums. It does take time to fill up and it is very hard to be patient waiting for calls so be proactive with your client search and you will feel empowered and in control. Good luck, the kiddies will come :yes:

Momof4
09-05-2012, 11:32 AM
Welcome and good luck and it takes a long time to get your business well established usually. There are a few lucky ones who fill up quickly, but honestly they are few and far between. The things I learned in my first year and all those mistakes and lessons are the reason I'm running a fantastic program now with a strict contract. But I did have to live through that awful year to get to this point.

Network with Mom/tot groups, advertise with really large companies and hospitals, ask friends and family to spread the word for you, give out your card with your Hallowe'en candy and do you have an Ontario Early Years Centre near you?