PDA

View Full Version : Sheets on nap mats?

GymMom
09-05-2012, 09:11 PM
Do you cover your nap mats with anything (fitted sheet or something?) or do the kids sleep right on the mat? Also, do you use sheets in playpens? I only have 1 dck so far, and she sleeps in a playpen with a fitted sheet (made for playpen), but the sheets are hard to find. Just wondering what you all do...

treeholm
09-05-2012, 09:26 PM
I put a small mat on the playpen for the 1 year old, but when my 3.5 year old arrived, her Mom told me she naps, and I just assumed a child that age doesn't nap anymore, so I wasn't ready. I took the mat out of another playpen and put it on the floor for her with a pillow and blanket. I would love to find fitted sheets for my pack n plays if anyone knows where to get them.

Dreamalittledream
09-06-2012, 05:11 AM
Re: Sheets for my pack n play...I just use a twin flat sheet and wrap it right around the mattress thingy that goes in the bottom. That works great for me & stays in place much better than a crib sheet.

Starshine
09-06-2012, 06:26 AM
I use crib sheets for the playpens, or if they're all in the wash, I make do with a folded up twin sheet.

treeholm
09-06-2012, 06:39 AM
I guess a twin sheet wrapped around would stay in place just fine, I'll have to try that. Thanks!

Play and Learn
09-06-2012, 07:25 AM
Try Walmart for fitted playpen sheets - they're 2 for $10. And Babies R Us has a ton to select from as well.

Parents must provide me with the playpen, 2 fitted playpen sheets, a blanket & stuffy/soos, or if they're on a cot, a mattress protector (crib size works for my cots), 2 sheets, pillow, blanket & stuffy. If they don't provide these items on the first day of care, they're not to stay over for nap.
I ask for 2 sheets just incase of a kid getting sick, or that baby that's super drooly! :laugh: I wash the sheets every 2nd week.

Put it this way, how would you like it to sleep on one of those vinyl sleep mats without a sheet over them!? NO THANKS! :p

treeholm
09-06-2012, 07:40 AM
I did look in our Walmart last week, but they didn't have anything like that. I may head to Whitby to Babies R Us on the weekend.

Momof4
09-06-2012, 08:12 AM
I use cribsheets tucked in all around in the playpens and twin bed sheets draped over my cots and stuck under the legs, depending on the age of the child.

playfelt
09-06-2012, 08:20 AM
I use twin sheets for the playpens. I fold them in half the short way and the width because of the elastic corners basically fits one length and then I just fold the other three sides in. Most of the sheets I am using are from when my own kids were home and in twin beds so folding definitely helps for the thin spots. With some they pull it off but most don't. For those I lay the mattress on the sheet across the width starting at one end and then just roll till it is all tucked in. Forget if you start with the mattress part up or down but one way the last fold ends on what would be the bottom so you will have to experiment.

Mamma_Mia
09-06-2012, 01:37 PM
Try Walmart for fitted playpen sheets - they're 2 for $10. And Babies R Us has a ton to select from as well.

I was just going to say I see them everywhere! LMAO
Also winners has them often as well.

Mamma_Mia
09-06-2012, 01:38 PM
I did look in our Walmart last week, but they didn't have anything like that. I may head to Whitby to Babies R Us on the weekend.

They have a bunch from Kushies to Organic brands....look in the isle with the playpens, they have them hanging above the displays.

(I was shopping for a baby shower last week so I still remember)

treeholm
09-06-2012, 07:56 PM
I was looking in the area with the crib linens and stuff, but didn't think to look where the playpens were. I'll have to head back on the weekend. Our Walmart is pretty notorious for being out of stock on whatever is on your shopping list though LOL

jec
09-06-2012, 08:32 PM
Where did you get your sleep mats from- most places I would think might sell them as an extra way to snag more money off you?? I got my sleep mats from Scholars and they sold the sheet covers separate .....I got enough to have a clean one each day for them.
I made the ones for my fold and plays. I went to value village and got soft material and then measured, cut and sewed

Mamma_Mia
09-07-2012, 07:39 AM
I was looking in the area with the crib linens and stuff, but didn't think to look where the playpens were. I'll have to head back on the weekend. Our Walmart is pretty notorious for being out of stock on whatever is on your shopping list though LOL

Are you talking about the one on Stevenson/Consumers? I've had no luck at that one!

treeholm
09-07-2012, 07:41 AM
I'm in Peterborough, so the Walmart I use is on Chemong Road. They expanded it a few months ago to become a super store with groceries, but we have noticed many empty shelves in the rest of the store since then.