PDA

View Full Version : It's the most wonderful time of the day!!!

KingstonMom
09-06-2012, 12:15 PM
NAP TIME!! When all 6 kids go down without an issue!!!

Except my son, who screamed for 45 minutes but I did not go in his room! Unlike yesterday when I gave in to him, read him a book, let him go pee AGAIN! And even tried having him sleep on the couch. Nope, he didnt nap at all. So instead I had the fun time of keeping him quiet, giving him a drink, reading with him, chasing him down. Arggg. So by the time the daycare kids left for the day, he was a nightmare and still didnt go to sleep until 8pm last night....and I passed out at 8:30pm! (My husband wondered why I was so tired....)
So I wasnt going to do it again today. He cried his little butt off to no avail. And now... silence!!! Love it when this happens.

About 3 days a week they are all perfect, just those other days when one wants to stay up and chat to the others. Usually its my 3 yo dcg whos the yapper. Not today, She yawned all morning so I had a perma-grin on my face just thinking of the nice sleep they will all get.

Ahhh...my feet are up, laptop on, tv off, lights dim and those 5 loads of laundry are STILL waiting to be folded...oh well...theres always tomorrow heheh All I need now is a nice glass of chardonnay...too early?? :laugh:

Dreamalittledream
09-06-2012, 12:19 PM
...my feet are up, laptop on, tv off, lights dim and those 5 loads of laundry are STILL waiting to be folded...oh well...theres always tomorrow heheh All I need now is a nice glass of chardonnay...too early?? :laugh:. Hahaha...sending cheers out to you;)

godsgirl
09-06-2012, 12:23 PM
Oh man! I am experiencing the exact same thing!! School kids are gone for the day and my 4 year dck is away for 2 days leaving me with only a 2 yr old and my own 16 month old. So quiet and so amazing!!! Time for a cup of tea :)

Crayola kiddies
09-06-2012, 12:38 PM
Same here .... The 3 school age are where they should be and the five I have here are snoring !

Lou
09-06-2012, 12:42 PM
Quiet bliss!!! Love putting my feet up, checking up on what you ladies are up to and I"m currently watching "Pregnant in Heels" on Slice :) Mine all went down perfect today too, with only one reminder to 3 yo dcg to "rest her voice", lol.

crafty
09-06-2012, 12:58 PM
We NEED naptime ! I was anxious this week to loose my pm break for a while. I have a new little 2 year old that mom said does not nap well at home. Well turns out ... sleeps awsome over here. First day out in ten minutes for 2 hours !!! Woot woot !!!

mimi
09-06-2012, 01:27 PM
Shhhhh am I typing to loud? It is so quiet here I can hear my own thoughts. Loving this time:thumbsup: