PDA

View Full Version : Slowcooker Chili Recipe?

KingstonMom
09-07-2012, 12:27 PM
Hey ladies! Does anybody have a great chili recipe they wouldnt mind sharing with me? Preferrably something I can prep the night before then just pop on the slow cooker in the morning so its ready for lunch time.
Also a not too spicy one that the kids would enjoy?

Thanks for any input!!

ps also open to any other cold-weather menu ideas! Getting ready to revise my menu for the fall!! Yum Yum!

country girl
09-07-2012, 12:55 PM
1 lb ground beef
finely chopped celery & green pepper
1 can kidney beans
1 can baked beans
2 cans tomato soup
2 cans diced tomato
2tsp garlic (jarred kind)
3tbsp chili powder
salt/pepper to tast
Cook on high 4-5 hours
and of course shredded cheese to put on top after! Ymmmm!

I always double the recipe & freeze the leftover so I can just take it out & defrost for another lunch or dinner. And I also cut up some carrot really finely & hide it in the chili. You can sub the baked beans for another can of kidney beans but I like having both kinds in there.

Enjoy!

treeholm
09-07-2012, 01:01 PM
I use the epicure chili seasoning package. You just add it to a can of diced tomatoes, a can of kidney beans, and some ground beef. So easy, and so delicious. I have a vegan baby in my daycare, so I just have to omit the ground beef, which I can add into the leftovers for hubby's dinner.

crafty
09-07-2012, 01:11 PM
I do this one for the kiddies http://www.food.com/recipe/betty-crockers-family-favorite-chili-287320

KingstonMom
09-07-2012, 01:33 PM
thanks gals!!

Momof4
09-07-2012, 05:56 PM
I don't use recipes, but my chili won an award at the lab where I worked before starting this career. My secret is that I don't use ground beef, I chop a steak into small bite sized pieces. And I add super sharp cheddar cheese and lots of chili powder and smoky cumin or paprika. I like my chili to be colourful so I chop red, green & yellow peppers, onions, and use lots of fresh tomatoes and garlic, nothing canned. I use dried black beans that turn out perfectly when you use the slow cooker, but I soak them for hours and dump the water before adding them.