PDA

View Full Version : I know what you all will say..I need it anyway. :)

kidlove
09-07-2012, 03:25 PM
This morning I came to the conclusion that a few things need to change around here...this is my Day Care, Why am I unhappy about some things? I realized there are things that have been bothering me enough to send out a letter to ALL parents reminding of changes that need to take place. All things quite legitimate from a Providers point of view:
reminder of hour change, have a Dad STILL picking up at "old" close time, and have parents who can't seem to grasp I open an hour later in the am (not for the extra beauty rest) but because I have to drive my own 2 kids to meet the school bus on a side road and have a 4 door car, not to mention, it is really hard to manage a house full of kids and get your off to the bus down the road...at the same time.
reminder to pay ON TIME. No more Late Payments will be permitted with out late fee attached.
reminder of ONE week allowed vaca per yr the rest must be pd with min sue.
reminder to be quiet and keep a "low" voice during am drop off, due to many dif ages and needs (some kids are sleeping in the am)
change of no longer allowing "outside" food to come in anymore. (2 days in a row had a child come with half eaten pop tart) JUNK!!
reminder of once a month snack sign-up for ALL parents to take part in, some do but I have a few who have brought snack like twice in 2 years, (one has brt snack once in 3.5 yrs)
change of ALL drop offs to take place before 9 am, afternoon drop offs are really interupting the flow of the day (meals, naps, preschool time)
reminder of NO drop off or pick up to take place during nap time, it IS getting in the way of some childrens rest period.
I KNOW these are all "givens" in this field, and I KNOW I have let things go too far!! I am TOO nice, I let these people go until I feel like I "may blow". I just need some reassurance I am not a massive "complainer" for sending this out. I feel like they all read these and roll their eyes. Is it just me?:rolleyes:

michellesmunchkins
09-07-2012, 04:55 PM
Your post is EXACTLY what I am sending out this weekend too (with the exception of bringing snack). My families have taken advantage for far too long as well. I've been miserable the last few months trying to figure out why they were acting this way...and honestly its because I have allowed it. Time to end it! I'm right there with you this weekend. Best of luck to you. I know my families are going to freak and i will end up losing some of them...but...my sanity is more important!

Other Mummy
09-07-2012, 05:21 PM
Good for you! Take charge and take back your daycare. Don't you love it when parents try to run the show. And they will if you let them.

Momof4
09-07-2012, 05:35 PM
Aw, I'm sad you have to tell your dcparents to respect you and you are so right kidlove, they are all 'givens' but if you have to put your foot down then do it and don't let anybody ever get away with any exceptions. Be tough, grrrrrrrr!

mimi
09-07-2012, 09:46 PM
Every time a provider stands up for their business and demands respect it is a move for all of us to receive the respect we deserve. Thanks kidlove for standing up for our daycare provider sisterhood :flower:

kidlove
09-10-2012, 08:22 AM
Thanks Guys!!!!! Just what I needed! I know sending the letter out was OK, but for some reason, whenever I have to do something like that I always feel like I'm gonna make someone mad, or make someone think my finger is pointed right at them. I do remind myself, that IT IS GOOD if they may feel "the finger is pointing at them" because they are obviously breaking that specific rule... still makes me feel like a "big nasty" and I really dont want to be a "big nasty". Plus I have a huge case of "putmyselfintheirshoe-itus" all the time. I will cry for homeless people!! and my heart melts when I see a old person cross the street, I'm a sap. it is hard for me to be "hard" on parents. thanks for the back-up, and your welcome for the push!!! thats what the "sister-hood of day care providers" is for. :laugh::laugh::laugh :