PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding daycare bear listing

Crayola kiddies
09-11-2012, 09:31 AM
I have often wondered about the part of the daycare bear listing that asks "number of children cared for". Are you supposed to put in the number of children currently in your care? The number of children you will accept in your care at any one time? or the number of children you've cared for to date?

Play and Learn
09-11-2012, 09:49 AM
I put the current number that are in care. So for the past year I had 4 children. Now I have 2. Make sense?

Crayola kiddies
09-11-2012, 10:00 AM
Yes it does ... I have 5 so that's what I have but I wasn't sure if I had misinterpreted the question

sunnydays
09-11-2012, 10:37 AM
I have always put the number of kids I intend to care for at maximum, so I always put 5. I think this gives parents a better idea of how many kids will be in the daycare because if you have 2 currently and put 2, they may think 2 is how many you will always have. that's how I interpreted it anyway :)

gcj
09-11-2012, 10:40 AM
I do like sunnydays. My max is 4 (plus my 2 at school...but I don't count them) I want 4, so I put 4.

Inspired by Reggio
09-11-2012, 11:40 AM
I have always put the number of kids I intend to care for at maximum, so I always put 5. I think this gives parents a better idea of how many kids will be in the daycare because if you have 2 currently and put 2, they may think 2 is how many you will always have. that's how I interpreted it anyway :)

Yes this is my understanding of the point of this question as well and it goes with the questions that asks how many 'staff' the program has as well ~ I figured the point of both of them was to let parents know if you are a 'home based program' or a 'centre' based program and if so how 'big' you program was since the website seems to be designed for both models to use .... it is just that we home based business tend to make more use of it than centres do ;)

playfelt
09-11-2012, 12:09 PM
I always put number of kids 5 and employees 0. That way at any time people know that is what to expect. Too difficult to keep that number changed as I am advertising usually before a child leaves and it seems like not important enough to change it to 4 if the child leaves before I fill the space.

I explain it as the number of kids I can take - ie a home vice a centre. Really I don't think parents look at those numbers anyways since there is no consistency or explanation of what they mean. I do think they are intended more for centre care as it indicates the size of the centre and the ratios.