PDA

View Full Version : First post

Sunny Day
09-11-2012, 10:36 AM
Hi everyone I'm new in this site so please forgive me. I open new home day care in Burlington and nothing happening I did the flayers and ads, I tried to talk to people but there is nothing in my area. I know couple moms who is taking care of kids but I just do not feel comfortable to ask them for help. Any of you have suggestion for me. I'm in need.....Please and thank you.

kidlove
09-11-2012, 12:03 PM
Not sure if I have any Greatly Helpful suggestions....just stick in there, keep an eye on your flyers and advertizements and continue to work you "word of mouth" ask others to help out. You could call local providers to ask if they are doing well, then pop your name in, just incase they can't help someone, perhaps they could send them your way! It def helps to build a "local bond" with other providers!!! For advice, overflow in business and just a common friend. Welcome do The Great Field of Daycare, hope you do well, VERY SOON!!!:yes:

cfred
09-11-2012, 01:01 PM
Hi there! Sorry to hear it's a slow start for you. I'm in a similar boat. Had a daycare in a rural area and have just moved to a highly populated subdivision. It was a very slow start and an agency I spoke to in desperation of finding work said she's been slow as well. What I did do was have someone make a very nice website for me, some good flyers to put out there and made friends with neighbours who are scouting out potential clients on my behalf. I put my website up just a couple days ago and have already had a call for two potential full timers. So, I feel that is a good venue for getting your name out there. You could put your name in at local schools with a flyer. Also, get some business cards printed up and hang out at the park, play centres and other places new moms go with their kids and schmooze away. Often times, I'll bet, it's just the ability to be 'found'. Once you get some clients, chances are they'll know people who are or will be looking too. I ran my business for 11 years in an inconvenient area pretty successfully. If I can do that, anyone can. If you want to see what my site looks like it's at www.homeagainnewmark et.com. Check out others too! And once you have clients and they've been there a while, ask for a written testimonial and store them all for your website.

Good Luck and hang in there :)

Big Hearts
09-11-2012, 02:48 PM
You can make a free wed site at yola.ca

Momof4
09-11-2012, 03:37 PM
Welcome to the forum and to the home daycare profession. My website is with freewebs and it surprised me how easy it was to make one. It made the world of difference for me. Don't be shy about aking people to help, because word of mouth is a great tool too. Everybody knows somebody who is having a baby or has a friend or co-worker going back from mat leave soon.

DaycareLulu
09-11-2012, 03:45 PM
Have you considered joining an Association? Burlington has a great one! http://www.hccpaburlington. ca/

Sunny Day
09-12-2012, 10:09 AM
Thanks everyone for you advice. I did most of the things you told me now I'm working on the web. I hope something come up soon.

Sunny Day
09-13-2012, 09:56 AM
I finish the website last night, it is not the best one and need more work but the most important info is there. Now I just need to wait ........;)I create facebook page you can check it out Sunny day home day care. Thanks

Momof4
09-13-2012, 05:59 PM
I started very slowly with my website too and now it's huge! :laugh: Don't worry, you will keep thinking of things to add to it. But pictures of the children having fun is a great selling point in my experience. Make sure you have a picture permission form that the parents sign before you post their children on your site though.