PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a natural remedy!!!

kidlove
09-11-2012, 12:09 PM
Every month my body decides to have a "very tired" week or so....right before my "Aunt Flo" comes to visit. I feel so tired some days I could seriously sleep ALL DAY, and have NO motivation. This is not like the "normal" me at all! I am High Strung and Fast Paced. :woot:

Anyone have a quick "natural" pick-me-up? Taking ALL suggestions at this point!:(

Inspired by Reggio
09-11-2012, 12:23 PM
Do you take vitamins? Natural for your vitamin B, iron and so forth to drop before your period you could try 'upping' the dosage you take to see if it helps through that hormonal hump?

treeholm
09-11-2012, 12:26 PM
I gave up sugar in early June. Haven't had a bit of dessert or anything with more than a hint of sugar in it. I've lost 16 pounds, which is great, but the biggest benefit has been the huge increase in energy! I'm sleeping better, needing less sleep, and not getting the mid-afternoon slump (which I used to feed with chocolate....) I did not expect this amazing side-effect; I just wanted to get my blood sugar from high-normal to normal and be healthier.

kidlove
09-11-2012, 02:52 PM
You know, I do take vitamins a really good multi from the health food store and vit d-3 however...I have been anemic off and on through the years, haven't been checked in a while for that, and I do have a bottle of iron pills in my vit box. should give that a try, bet it will help. Thanks
I also notice, not only do I "eat like a pig" but I also CRAVE salts, like crazy, thought it was because of retaining water. Also ate a can of spinach last night at like 10pm. Wild cravings!!!!
My tubes are tied, otherwise I would think I was pregnant!!!!! :)

I "try" to keep away from sugar anyway, I have imbalanced PH and sugars seem to make things alot worse, I do eat chocolate, but not on a regular basis. My big cravings are more like fresh veggies.....yum, and all kinds of salsa. High acid!!!

anyone heard of honey? or ever tried it?

Maybe I'll go down to HFS and pick up some vit-b tonight, thats a good idea too.

How bout foods for energy?