PDA

View Full Version : Contracted Hours

Bookworm
09-13-2012, 07:58 AM
I have a family where the mother has just recently started a new job and the hours that she works are completely different from those that she used to work. My problem is this:
They used to pick their children up at 5:30 since she worked until 5pm. Now she works until 3pm (in another city, about 45 mins away), but she still isn't picking them up until 5-5:15pm. I figure an hour- hour and a half tops should be all she needs to get here to pick her kids up (and she has picked them up by 4:30 a few times) but she mostly doesn't pick them up until 5-5:15pm. I think she goes shopping etc. sometimes after work before picking the kids up.
Should I say something? I'm still waiting for them to bring back the paperwork with their new hours of care needed, but I honestly do not see why it should take her 2+ hours to come pick her kids up after work.
In my contract it states that they can have up to 9 hours of care a day, so I'm not sure if I should say anything as they aren't going over 9 hours.

Play and Learn
09-13-2012, 08:06 AM
I figure, as long as I'm getting paid, and they're picking up their children within reason (within my hours, and within their contracted hours) I don't care.

It's when they really start abusing their 'hours' and pick-up times that has me concerned.

treeholm
09-13-2012, 08:16 AM
If she has contracted for 9 hours and is still within the 9 hours, then I'm not sure what the problem is. I would think she can do whatever she wants within the 9 hours, whether she's at work or shopping or having a pedicure.... I wouldn't think to ask my parents if they are actually at work. I know one of my mothers brings her child at least an hour before work so she can go to the gym.

Bookworm
09-13-2012, 08:26 AM
You are right. I guess it really doesnt matter as long as they are picked up before closing time.