PDA

View Full Version : Hi from Burlington

Sunny Day
09-17-2012, 08:24 AM
Hi
I'm new to this site. I'm starting home day care in Burlington if anyone live here and would give me some advice how you start your business with little ones. I'm trying promote my day care but it is so quiet, I did ads, flayers, ask friends, did website,kiijjii..... .and nothing. What I'm doing wrong? Please help.

apples and bananas
09-17-2012, 08:58 AM
I have contacted other providers in my area... found them through this site and kijiji. Introduced myself and let them know that if they have sick days or vacation days I'd love to work with them to offer an alternate care for her clients. At least until you fill up.

I know there are somedays I would love to have another provider on standby if I have to call off suddenly or do a school trip etc. I always feel guilty for closing for school trips.

bright sparks
09-17-2012, 09:06 AM
I used to do daycare in Burlington and find it can be a little harder to fill spots as there are such a huge amount of providers. It will happen eventually though so just keep doing what you are doing and the phone will ring. In the meantime google Halton Childcare Providers Association and get connected with them. They have a great referal program and will be able to offer you heaps of support and help setting up. Also a great way to make friends. Good Luck!

giraffe
09-17-2012, 09:29 AM
You could try the HCCPA but honestly I never got any calls from that. I did get a lot of calls from kijiji so maybe its your add? Do you have pictures up? It could be your area, maybe there is a huge saturation of providers there? I also find that sometimes parents are leary of "first time" providers. You could also try spending some time at your local ROCK dropin. Let the people running it know that you are a new provider and maybe they can direct you to some potential clients. There is also a local toy library that runs a drop in for providers, you may be able to find some help there? It will happen, it just takes time... good luck!