PDA

View Full Version : In the topic of Great Parents!!!!!!

kidlove
09-17-2012, 11:42 AM
I recently put out a post regarding the "mocking" parent.....we've all had them.:)
But how about the Great Parent? I have this Mom who says to me the other day, "I have to go in to have my gallbladder removed on Monday, am having a hard time finding someone to take my daughter" so, I tell her I will def take her on Monday and then offered to take her overnight as well (as her surgery is out of town and she also mentioned trying to figure who would take her) we live across the street, and really figure...thats what neighbors are for, I would hope she would do the same. :) anyways, she leaves this am @ 6 and texts that she will just leave her daughters stuff on the front porch to avoid waking everyone...I go to grab her stuff, and see that she has brought over ALL the food for us for the entire day and night....including a caserole, sloppy joes with buns and a chocolate cake. She said it was the least she could do for taking her daughter.....I just have to say how wonderful it is to have such great parents in care, here she is going in for surgery and decides to make US dinner and a cake. :) need less to say, she will have a nice meal waiting for her when she gets home from the hospital. :)

mimi
09-17-2012, 11:51 AM
I had tears in my eyes reading how you were so thoughtful and kind and she in return providing your family with the meal despite, I'm sure, concerned about her major surgery. Kudos to you for being such a good friend and neighbor ! :flower:

Momof4
09-17-2012, 11:57 AM
She is a great parent, but kidlove, you are an awesome neighbour, friend and caregiver! I wouldn't offer to have any of my dckids over night much as I really like them a lot. I helped one family when the Mom had to work late when I was new and didn't charge them overtime but we are still friends even after they moved on to JK. They were in a predicament at the time and I didn't mind. Hopefully the good karma is what got my daycare running in the right direction that year!

You make a good point about bragging about our great parents though, we don't do that enough. I have usually had one family in the bunch who does little things to annoy, so that means 4 great families in care at all times. I've received lots of little presents like flowers and Timmies tea in the mornings and chocolates one time along with the overtime payment because a Mom had to work overtime, but the cards and notes and the THANKS are amazing. Knowing that you are appreciated and especially the parents who look at their child at the end of the day and ask them to thank me for taking care of them are wonderful too.

Bookworm
09-17-2012, 12:20 PM
I agree with Momof4, that it is the little things and the "thank yous" that mean the most. I just had a parent tell me the other day how lucky there were to have me watching their little one. It felt great! I am lucky that I have pretty good families who are easy to talk, and work with me if I have a concern.

paz
09-17-2012, 12:21 PM
Kidlove! you rock
Thats a wonderful gesture of you and the parent. Its a blessing when we get kind people in our lives.

gcj
09-17-2012, 01:30 PM
What an awesome person....both of you!

gcj
09-17-2012, 01:31 PM
and now I have a sloppy joes craving :laugh:

kidlove
09-17-2012, 01:45 PM
these ones had those "deep fried onions" (they come in a can dry) on them. I know they have a name not sure what they are....anyway, had a great "crunch" delish!!!!!!!!

Mamma_Mia
09-17-2012, 02:04 PM
That's the sweetest thing I've heard in a long time! From both of you.....you for offering to ease her worry and watch her daughter and her for the food. Very nice!

I haven't been in business for long. There was one family (no longer here as mom had baby #2) who had connections for getting a childrens size soccer jerseys. I am a big soccer fan and it was during the Euro Cup. In conversation with dad he said that he could get one for my DD. When we got it I asked for the total and mom said "it's a gift from us, you do so much for our dughter its the least we can do". I teared up!! It means a lot to have even a thank you be said!

bright sparks
09-17-2012, 02:21 PM
Its so wonderful when the parents go that little bit extra to show you they appreciate and care about you. I'm really happy that it has lit up your day.

I have a couple of amazing parents. One of the dads is a bread man and he brings me bread all the time which is really lovely and he will never take any money off me. I'm talking 2 paletts of w.w bread rolls for my daughter when school started. Thats over 100 bread rolls. This dad rocks!!

I have another parent who is always just so wonderful, even here husband too. One time we had been on a day trip and there was an accident that shut the highway down. It took me 2 hours to make a 25 minute trip. I had to call all the parents to say I would drop them all home and not to wait for me. This house I dropped off last too and her dad had a bottle of red wine for me and told me to go home and drink it all while putting my feet up lol His wife has become a friend now which isnt something that Ive ever done before as theres obviously a major conflict but she does exceptionally well at keeping things seperate and it was a very slow progression for me too. Ive had her kids for 2 years now. We had made an offer on a house and we got bumped. She brought me strawberries dipped in chocolate and a bottle of wine. She always buys extras of things when she find some new tasty goodies so I can try them and last Xmas she brought me loads of food one day I was off so I could have a day off from cooking. The most recent thing she did was on Friday she bought me a bottle of wine for Friday night as I was doing a babysitting job for her Saturday night and she said how she was taking me away from my husband on a Saturday night so to enjoy the wine with him on the Friday. Not that I have a wine problem or anything....hahaha.. . but also she writes lovely words in my birthday and xmas cards, and recently while I have been trying to lose weight she brings me a motivational quote written on a card every Monday and Friday to put on my fridge. I can genuinely call her a true friend and a great daycare parent.

Wonderwiper
09-17-2012, 05:04 PM
Great stories from great parents and great providers!! When I let my parents know I was closing for mat leave, we decided to move at the same time. A daycare mom kept sending me MLS listings from their neighborhood because they wanted their kids to come back to me when my mat leave was over!!! On their last day, mom asks if we can be friends (like little kids,haha) because they thought I was really "cool"! We moved to a different neighborhood but get our families together for bbq's etc. all the time now that we no longer have a business relationship!

Inspired by Reggio
09-17-2012, 05:24 PM
I :wub: reading stories like these because this is what life is all about ... what awesome neighbors you found in each other!

Sending her quick recovery vibes!

kidlove
09-17-2012, 08:07 PM
Just have to add, talk about forming a bond....some of the Greatest Bonding time has been done after daycare hours with these kids, this Girl is so sweet, tonight she laughed all the way through this "funniest videos show" on TV. 2.5yr old, totally adorable, and watching my kids hug her and tell her they love her...my hubby works out of town, just telling him about how cute she was over the phone tonight, he then says "lets adopt a baby". It's like a contagious "love bug" you get when you extend toward a child. We've got it bad. ha ha :) was a good night for sure!! Amazing what God can do, just amazing!

crafty
09-18-2012, 05:40 AM
Well all these posts really made my morning !!! Thanks Kidlove and to all the others.