PDA

View Full Version : Oh My!! Can I just get a load of laundry in?

kidlove
09-18-2012, 07:59 AM
Have you all ever had that "I need you to look at me and I need to know what you are doing constantly, and watch me! watch me! watch me!" kid in your care? I just want to go to the bathroom by myself, or get a load of laundry in with out, "what are you doing?" "can I help?" "can I come?"......love her, but VERY annoyed sometimes!! :)

Play and Learn
09-18-2012, 08:05 AM
lol I have a 2.5 yr old here like that! Love him to pieces, but holy hanna.....I'm gonna kill him! I have just learned to ignore him, and not answer his every freakin question!

kidlove
09-18-2012, 08:08 AM
Perfect example! just went out on porch (gas guy here and dog going bananas) didnt see or here her come out behind me.....turned to go back in house and ALMOST KNOCKED HER OFF THE PORCH!! geese! always in my business.....that 3.5 yr old, "whats going on?" "i need to see!" personality. GET BACK IN THE HOUSE!!!! :)

Lou
09-18-2012, 08:08 AM
If I ever get the chance to throw a load of laundry in I always have 4 sets of eyes watching from the doorway,lol, like doing laundry is something amazing. I bet they don't stand and watch their parents do laundry!!!

kidlove
09-18-2012, 08:19 AM
I usually LOVE the "help", for some reason, with this one little charactor lately, I feel like if she could, she'd velcro to my backside, or crawl inside my head. Always on my "hip", I may have nightmares like wake up in the middle of the night and she is at the edge of my bed (wide eyed) "can I help?" "what are you doing" "can I see". AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH! terrifying! :laugh:

Littledragon
09-18-2012, 09:21 AM
I also have a 2.5 year old who is ADORABLE and kind and such a good little boy but he does that too. It goes like this:

Him: "what are you doing?"
Me: Making snack
"Why?"
"Don't you want to eat?"
"What's that?"
"Cheese"
"Why?"
"Because I'm putting cheese in your snack."
"Why?"
"Because cheese is yummy."
"Oh" laughs. Two seconds later: "Watch this".
Look over and he's stacking his food.
"Wow!"
"What are you doing now?"
That's all within about 3 minutes...constant.. .all day!

I feel you!!

This was our best conversation yet:
"What are you doing?"
"giving (son) medication"
"Why?"
"Cause his teeth hurt"
"Why?"
"Cause he's getting new teeth."
"Why?"
"Cause that's what babies do."
"Why?"
"I don't know, ask God."
"What?"

Hahahaha. The look on his face..priceless

kidlove
09-18-2012, 10:28 AM
funny and annoying!!! ha ha:laugh:

gcj
09-18-2012, 10:57 AM
I have one like that. He follows me everywhere and asks about EVERYTHING! Even when he knows what I'm doing..why I'm doing it...how. etc.. He's french, so when I'm over it, I start only answering in english. And make the answers REALLY long! :laugh: He's usually gone to find a friend before I know it.

Sandbox Sally
09-18-2012, 11:12 AM
A good reply to the "why" is, "well, why do you think?" Then you can tune them out while they go into a preschooler spiel on the existentialism of teeth. LOL My sister in law taught me this trick when mine were little, and it really works.

crafty
09-18-2012, 11:59 AM
Alpha I do the same thing ... Why do you think ? It does work or they just stop ...Well for a while. I also will ignore them as sometimes it's just an attempt to get some attention.

Bookworm
09-18-2012, 12:15 PM
I do the same thing as Alpha. Half the time they know the answer to what ever question it is they are asking you, so when you turn it around on them, they either give up or start answering their own questions.

kidlove
09-18-2012, 12:18 PM
agreed, I also do the "ignore" technique....ever tried that one? I fully understand why they ask "why" and why they say "look at me" all day long but, doesn't change how annoying it can be. :) I think it is a "lack of attention" for this one.....earlier today she comes up to me to "tattle" on another little boy, she says...."he's talking about a movie"....what do you say to that? oh my, we can't let him do that, he can't talk about a movie, that's just bad behavior!! :) She doesn't care what she is going to say, doesn't even think about it, just knows about every 3 to 5 minutes she needs to come back, stand next to me and .......say something, just to get my attention!!! Hope its just a phaze, cuz it's driving me up the wall.

Big Hearts
09-18-2012, 12:20 PM
i have a what are you doing? why? why? why? why? (as she followes me around the house).

sunnydays
09-18-2012, 12:32 PM
Sounds like my own 2 year old daughter...all day everything is "Why? why? why? what? Why? What?"....I joke with her about it and ask her "What why whay why whar why?"...she finds that pretty funny :)

Dreamalittledream
09-18-2012, 01:08 PM
Have you all ever had that "I need you to look at me and I need to know what you are doing constantly, and watch me! watch me! watch me!" kid in your care? I just want to go to the bathroom by myself, or get a load of laundry in with out, "what are you doing?" "can I help?" "can I come?"......love her, but VERY annoyed sometimes!! :)
Oh my gosh...I had two of them...they just started school so are gone now...whew!!

playfelt
09-18-2012, 01:21 PM
Traditionally the old baby books talked about the "terrible twos" which were then followed by the "why and cry" three year olds. It isnt' till a child reaches this stage that we pine for terrible twos. At least we could still control them or didn't feel bad about putting them in their beds to get over it. Telling a 3 year old to go to the next room and leave you alone isn't really in our nature - thank goodness for the lock on my laundry door - I can hide in there if I need to.

kidlove
09-18-2012, 01:30 PM
I have seriously done that before, just go into a room and close the door, sit on the other side and ......take a deep breath. Sometimes I think some Mom's have a great big chuckle on their way to work, like wew!!! glad she has to handle that for the next 10 hours and not me. :laugh:

completely agree with the "terrible two's" comment, have yet to have one that I found terrible, that age is BY FAR my favorite anywhere from 1.5 to 3. After 3 it gets more difficult to find patience, by the time they hit 4.....GO TO SCHOOL!!!!!!!:wave:

Momof4
09-18-2012, 04:01 PM
I had a girl like that and now I have a boy like that. I truly hope these annoying children are few and far between!

kidlove
09-19-2012, 10:29 AM
they usually are more few and far between, but I tell ya......having one is like having a hundred "easy to deal with" some days. :)

FreshPrincess
09-21-2012, 01:40 AM
I have an 'almost' 3 year old exactely like that! She wants to follow me everywhere. Now, the 2 year old boy is starting to be the same. Love them both, but come on! Lol