PDA

View Full Version : New to Stoney Creek

daycare 65
09-18-2012, 11:32 AM
Hi
I have just recently moved to Stoney Creek from Oakville and have retired from running a private home child care business for almost 28 years.
However now that the new house is unpacked and the reno's are done, I am missing having the children around.
I am thinking that there is a niche out there for someone to do backup care for both providers and parents in my home.
Does anyone live in the area and could give me their thoughts on whether this seems a viable choice or not.

Wonderwiper
09-18-2012, 11:35 AM
Hi! I'm not in the area but also in GTA and I think that's a great idea!! Maybe even market yourself to new moms as a 'moms time out' type casual care!!

kidlove
09-18-2012, 12:26 PM
That and also give your info to local providers so they can give to parents that dont have a "back up". I have had so many parents who have no family or friends and really seem to get in a bind when I have to close, drives me up the wall with "guilt", wish I had a quality care taker to refer them to.....great idea! good luck :)
I also heard of a woman who provided "sick day" care (if providers call in sick or provider wont take child due to "light illness" such as heavy drainage or fever) she called herself "rainy day Day Care" too cute. If you don't mind the germs. :(