PDA

View Full Version : Milk... supply it or have them bring it in?

apples and bananas
09-19-2012, 08:45 AM
I currently have 3 children on homo milk. They all supply it themselves. One brings sippy cups with milk all ready to go. One brings a bag at a time and one brings 2 bags at a time. So right now I have 2 sippy cups, 3 jugs of milk (one is my families milk) and 1 extra bag plus my own families extra bags of milk.

How do I streamline this! It almost feels like it would make more sense for me to supply it and just have a carton to use for the week.

I could always let my clients know that I will be supplying and asking for 5.00 from each parent per month to assist in the cost. But then is it awkward when we go to 2% and they aren't paying for it? ( I supply 2% )

Am I over thinking this? I'm just tired of having all that room taken up for milk. Drives me crazy!

kidlove
09-19-2012, 08:51 AM
Could you ask each parent to help out with supplying the milk (take turns) each week? If you have at least 4 parents they can have their own week each month, always having milk in the fridge for the kids, but not too much. :)

Play and Learn
09-19-2012, 09:21 AM
I usually don't supply HOMO milk, but if there's that many children on HOMO, I would probably supply it. It is a write-off.

But, when I sign families on, they are told they have to supply HOMO milk in a sippy for each day as I only provide 2%. If they stop supplying HOMO, then I assume that they're drinking 2%.