PDA

View Full Version : Update...

mommyof2princesses
09-19-2012, 11:56 AM
So, the other day I posted about not knowing what to do about saving a spot for a family on mat leave where older sibling is at daycare 2 days a week but financially I can't really do that anymore. I got some great advice/suggestions and thank you everyone for them.

I ended up talking to the mom about it and she told me that she will most likely be returning to work in December/January as dad got laid off and can't find a job yet. If dad finds another job before that then she will stay on mat leave. I asked her if she could bring the older sibling at least 3 days a week then once either she returned to work or dad got a job as financially I am having a hard time. Her response was that they can't afford that and if it seemed fair to open up the spot being held for the baby and try to fill that. I told her that if I filled the spot that once her mat leave ends I wouldn't have a spot for the baby then. I haven't heard from her since......not at daycare until this Thursday again.

I am afraid that if she pulls out then her friend who just started bringing her child here will pull out too and then I will have no daycare children left :(

Should I talk to the friend who also comes here? What should I do about the situation?? Any help would be great:)

kidlove
09-19-2012, 01:59 PM
IME..she doesnt plan on coming back, money is a huge factor for them right now, and they will cut whereever they can...that means your paycheck. Fill the spots. and yes, (with out any judgement) I would talk to the other family...you need to protect you. :) good luck!!