PDA

View Full Version : Excuse me, I was talking!

kidlove
09-20-2012, 09:04 AM
Ever had a parent "talk over you", when you try to tell them something about their child's behavior....like as if to say "I don't really care what you have to say?" I can't figure IF that's really what it is, but she just so happens to seem to ignore me instantly, when I start to say something about his behavior. Just more frustrating than anything else, I feel like saying "shut-up so I can talk for a minute"...only problem is, she's my sister (little sister) and VERY much can be a bit "snippity" to say the least.....if I say something about her son, who just so happens to be a little spoiled (whines alot and "RUNS" her like he owns her) instead of just listening and then responding, she will usually cut me off and point out that, "my kids were once like that too" (which they weren't) or our niece is like that! (not really)........I guess the one thing that frustrates me the most besides "her cutting me off" is the fact that: Why do parents that raise their kids this way, not SEE what they are doing!!!? I have had some parents tell me..."I spoil him and I know it!" thats honest.....but why do others even lie to themselves? just a vent. thanks :)

dodge__driver11
11-21-2012, 06:01 PM
This is a really old thread, but I saw it and immed. thought of the dcf that is leaving as of Dec 21st (they gave me one months notice, and I go on holidays then. Every time I say at the door---E had probs with this today, but did really well with this, they always start the sentance with yeah______ doesn't do that at home.

I am getting really tired of hearing that and will be so glad when this family is done!

Momof4
11-21-2012, 08:38 PM
Hey kidlove, so sorry, why didn't we see this thread? Good job Dodge bringing it up. I definitely didn't see it. How's it going a month later Kidlove? Any better? It sounds like sister problems. I have two daughters in their 20's who can tick each other off lately at the drop of a hat and they were so close all their lives. People sometimes change a lot depending on the man they are with so I don't understand it.

Just one thing. If it is unbearable for you to have your nephew in your daycare then find a way to get your sister to move him somewhere else without causing permanent damage. You could blame everything on yourself so she continues to feel like the perfect parent. I had my grandson in my daycare and I had to be gentle with my daughter because sometimes a 20 something woman doesn't want to feel like a little girl and listen to her Mom, you know? It's tough when it's family.