PDA

View Full Version : Payday?

tray
09-21-2012, 11:09 AM
Hi. I'm just starting up a licesnced daycare and I was wondering what most child care providers do about payments. Do you expect payment once a month or twice? Do you expect payment in advance or at the end of the pay period? Do you charge for sick/ missing days? Full price or only half? Is there anything else i should be thinking of in regards to my payment policy?

Starshine
09-21-2012, 12:09 PM
I get paid weekly, every Friday in advance of care. Fees apply whether the child is there or not--they are paying for the space.

sunnydays
09-21-2012, 12:18 PM
I offer parents the option of paying monthly or biweekly, but it is always payment in advance of the care being given. Never work for free! And yes, parents pay whether the child attends or not...they are paying for the space.

Crayola kiddies
09-21-2012, 12:44 PM
I get paid weekly or bi weekly on Fridays in advance and all days are paid

Momof4
09-21-2012, 12:49 PM
I have a family that pays at the beginning of the month, a couple families pay every other week and a couple families that pay weekly. Payment is due by the last day of care each week.

kidlove
09-21-2012, 12:55 PM
I do allow the parents to decide how they want to pay. weekly,bi-weekly or monthly. All people seem to have different ways of "paying their bills" and different paydays. The ONLY thing I do require is payment be made before the care it is for. (always in advance,if late=late fee) I also have a set payment due based on child attendance (full-time/part-time) and every child has a minimum due required irregardless of sick days, days off, etc. I do also allow ONE week per year, chosen at least one month in advance, free of charge for vacation. And also take about a week off around Christmas and New Years that I also, do not charge for. Hope it helps. :)

Sandbox Sally
09-21-2012, 01:37 PM
I get paid weekly, every Friday in advance of care. Fees apply whether the child is there or not--they are paying for the space.

This, exactly.

fruitloop
09-21-2012, 01:52 PM
I offer parents the option of paying monthly or biweekly, but it is always payment in advance of the care being given. Never work for free! And yes, parents pay whether the child attends or not...they are paying for the space.

This! I get paid eithe on the 1 of every month or the 1 and the 15. All my families pay on the 1 though but the option is there. And yes, they pay for the spot whether they are there or not. Only exception I have is for my own holidays...they don't pay for that.

Inspired by Reggio
09-21-2012, 03:12 PM
Yup I am another who gets paid in advance of care either weekly, biweekly or monthly depending on how the family budgets I do not care as long as I get paid on time and in advance.

You are paying for the space contracted in your contract regardless of actual attendance by your child or the centre being open ... so they pay the same 52 weeks a year unless I am closed more than the 'agreed upon' vacation / sick leave than I would credit them accordingly.

I also have a second payment plan where you can contract to pay a higher weekly fee and you do not have to pay me when the centre is closed for sick days or vacation just get paid for the 'stats' but either way at the end of the year you are paying me the SAME fees it is all in how a client prefers to budget ;)