PDA

View Full Version : Would This Bother You?

Sandbox Sally
09-21-2012, 11:25 AM
edited for excessive personal info

Inspired by Reggio
09-21-2012, 11:34 AM
Well I made the opposite mistake on Wednesday and put a pull up on a child thinking it was a swim diaper and it exploded in the pool on me ~ so I totally agree with the fact that they look the same.

However I would likely just let the parent comment slide if this is the 'first' time she has been like that and chalk it up to you made a mistake and she's having a bad day and that is why she handled it that way ... chances are the issue was not about the wrong diaper at all and frustration that the child is not 'training' as fast as the parent would like and that he likely blew out of the swimmer at home making a mess for her to clean up because a swim diaper does not 'hold' much at all being designed to only contain 'poop' in a pool ~ they do not hold pee or water at all ..... however if it became a pattern than I would address that her increasing tone / comments were starting to make me feel like she had a issue that was bigger than the 'accidentally putting on the wrong diaper' based on her reaction and I would like to clear the air.

Naftafia
09-21-2012, 11:40 AM
I would've also been offended because of the way it was said and the tone used to address it. However, it is important that she mentioned it as the swim diaper is not made to hold pee and could make a pretty important mess if the child has a pee accident while wearing it. But, she should've approached it in a respectful and kind way and then you would certainly not have taken offense to it.
People tend to forget that tone and approach have a bigger impact on the way the message is received that the words themselves! :rolleyes:
I think you would feel better talking to her about this tonight, maybe simply saying that you did not realize that the swim diaper did not absorb at all and that you grabbed it quickly but that it was a one time error. Then proceed by saying that should she ever have any worries or concerns she should feel free to discuss them with you but that you felt targeted by her approach regarding this issue!? It's hard to have these kinds of discussion but I think if we let it slip just one time we are allowing it to happen again.
Good luck:)

Connect
09-21-2012, 12:05 PM
I agree, whether or not it was about the diaper or not there is always a respectful way of communicating a concern. The fact that the mom talked to you this way and in front of your child and that your child could also see that this mom was rude is important. We as parents have a responsibility to teach our children that people must not speak to us in a rude manner. It will be hard, but you will feel better. Show this mom how professional you are and that indeed you do take good care of her son. How dare she? :mad:

Play and Learn
09-21-2012, 12:05 PM
Yup, I agree with you Alpha. They look the same. I have in my policy if they are potty training that I will NOT accept any form of diapers (this includes pull-ups) as it doesn't help with training. I only will use them for nap times.

What a tool of a mother. I would have shot back at her to NOT speak to me in that tone, and that would have been a strike. No one is allowed to speak to me in that manner in my home. Mistakes do happen BITCH! lol

Sandbox Sally
09-21-2012, 12:25 PM
Yup, I agree with you Alpha. They look the same. I have in my policy if they are potty training that I will NOT accept any form of diapers (this includes pull-ups) as it doesn't help with training. I only will use them for nap times.

What a tool of a mother. I would have shot back at her to NOT speak to me in that tone, and that would have been a strike. No one is allowed to speak to me in that manner in my home. Mistakes do happen BITCH! lol

LOL Thanks Play!:thumbsup:

Momof4
09-21-2012, 12:47 PM
Isn't it awful when you don't know how to respond to someone's rudeness until you think afterward 'I should have said this and that'? If it is bothering you then you should talk to the parent about mutual respect. Doesn't she ever make mistakes? I would bet anything she does. Good grief!

Maybe you could start by saying that her words and tone have been bothering you all day and you want to clear things up with her.

kidlove
09-21-2012, 12:48 PM
Ha hahahahahahahahahaha ha!!!!!!! I think thats funny. Like how dare you put a "swim" diaper, (which is meant for WATER) rather than a regular "waste-of-money" PULL-UP, (which is meant for DRY LAND) seriously? and you call yourself a Day Care Provider? You should call yourself a "swim" teacher!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!:laugh::laugh::l augh:
I suppose you could spin it around and ask her if she could please bring him in a pair of underwear instead of a "diaper"? just kidding.....just for sh**s and giggles why don't you send him home in a swim diaper today? HA :laugh:

Mamma_Mia
09-21-2012, 12:57 PM
Mistakes do happen BITCH! lol

You made my day :flower:

Mamma_Mia
09-21-2012, 12:59 PM
I suppose you could spin it around and ask her if she could please bring him in a pair of underwear instead of a "diaper"?

I would so say this...."sorry I made the mistake with the wrong DIAPER on him earlier" ....it's not a diaper it's a pull up...."sure if that's what you want to call it. It's a diaper! Same BS"

ooooooo............. to dream! :laugh:

Sandbox Sally
09-21-2012, 01:29 PM
I HATE pullups. Thanks for having my back, ladies. :)

apples and bananas
09-21-2012, 01:48 PM
I would have been completely offended too. I wouldn't say anything now as it's just bringing up old problems and not moving forward, but I would have put her in the place at the time. My business, my rules. This isn't retail, the customer is NOT always right. I'm always right, that's why I work for myself and not in retail anymore.

michellesmunchkins
09-21-2012, 02:11 PM
I HATE pullups. Thanks for having my back, ladies. :)

Agree! They are a complete waste of money and don't teach the child anything about potty training!!!

Momof4
09-21-2012, 04:35 PM
I just sent a boy home wearing girl's flowery pants tonight because the parents didn't pack any extra clothes in his backpack. No clothes at all! Alphaghetti, I think you should try this too!

ladyjbug
09-21-2012, 06:03 PM
Why don`t you take it upon yourself to label all of his `pull-ups` in big black sharpie marker. So and So`s DIAPERS. If she gets snarky, just tell her that you realized it was a huge issue to her, and you didn`t want to screw up again. *coughdiapersdiapers diaperscough* :)