PDA

View Full Version : Computer time

Other Mummy
09-24-2012, 09:29 AM
I've incorporated computer time into our daily curriculum which includes computer games and children's songs. Just wondering how many providers find the computer and toddler software and games a positive role in your daycare?

kidlove
09-24-2012, 09:39 AM
Just "FUN" here. Not nec. a big learning experience, more of a reward to play a little disney jr or other pos learning web site IF they have had good behavior or its a nasty rainy day. Computers IMO are not important for children of these ages to master or use, however using dif forms of learning is always pushing the kids dif little "brain buttons". if it's your thing? they CAN learn alot I'm sure. :)

giraffe
09-24-2012, 10:58 AM
I dont use electronics in my curriculum... this includes television, computers and tablets. hat being said, most of my kids are younger >3yrs. I have seen them used with the older crowd as part of the "free play" activity and as rewards. i have also seen it used for an older child during rest time.

Momof4
09-24-2012, 03:39 PM
You probably have older children in your care so that would be understandable. But 4 of my daycare children are 2.5 years and younger, then I have one every other day JK girl who has a great imagination for playing so I wouldn't stifle her with tv or the computer. We watch the occasional thing on the computer and tv once in a while, especially on rainy days but that's it. Hey, you should check out Africam!

Lou
09-24-2012, 07:20 PM
If I had a computer I didn't mind sharing with little hands, I could see it being a fun part of the week (not daily). The children in my care are 3 and under though, so at this point I don't find them ready to properly care for my little hot pink netbook (the only computer we have!) :)

michellesmunchkins
09-24-2012, 08:08 PM
What is africam mom of 4? I've had my daycare kiddos watch Winter the dolphin through the live cam at Sea World I think it is and they absolutely loved it!

Momof4
09-24-2012, 08:13 PM
http://www.africam.com/wildlife/index.php

Check out this site with your daycare kids. Mind love it. You are actually watching live animals in Africa, but there is the big time difference so early in the morning here is their afternoon. Sometimes there are no animals at all and other times you can see lots of elephants or giraffes.

What is the link to the SeaWorld dolphin michelle? I would love to check that out please?

michellesmunchkins
09-24-2012, 08:20 PM
Awesome thank you. We will for sure check it out.

Here is the link to Winter (she's the dolphin from the movie that came out a little while ago called Dolphin Tale) There are other dolphins in there with her too sometimes. There are a couple different cams that you can chose from depending on the time of the day so if you don't see her on one try the other one on the left side of the web page :)

http://www.seewinter.com/winter/media/webcam-3