PDA

View Full Version : How much do you think you spend per day to feed a daycare child?

canadianjule
04-14-2011, 08:08 PM
I know that the question was asked about how much we spend on groceries per month and that averaged $800-1000. What do you think you spend per day per child on food? I buy a lot of fresh fruit and veggies (organic when I can), cheese, chicken, milk and breads. These seem to be the most expensive items that I purchase. Just curious to see what it costs per day to feed a daycare child. I serve a morning snack, lunch and afternoon snack at my daycare.

thanks for taking the time to answer :)

Play and Learn
04-14-2011, 08:14 PM
I think we averaged it out to about $7/child per day when we were figuring out my taxes. I serve fresh fruits and veggies as well, and 2 snacks and a lunch.

fruitloop
04-15-2011, 03:05 PM
Roughly about $7/child for the average but depending on what we're having it may be $1 or $2 higher some days.

canadianjule
04-15-2011, 09:25 PM
I also usually average around the $7/child mark as well depending on what is on the menu for that day. Some days are easily closer to $8 or $9 though....fresh fruit, veggies, meat and cheese are so expensive!!

Spixie33
04-16-2011, 05:27 PM
Hmmm...I have never priced it out. I guess around $4 -$12 per day in food for the children. Some days I only have 1 child and then the most I have is 4. I cook large meals and serve leftovers for lunch and then the fresh fruits and vegs and the organic products (applesauce, crackers, etc) are the pricey things. I usually but meat from costco and then divide it up into cooking portions and freeze it so that saves a bit.

The worst thing is that my After School Child eats me out of house and home. I agreed to a $10 rate because it is only for after school but I had no idea what appetite she has !!! Mon dieu ! I think most days she eats $10 worth. She is not overweight so i don't know where she puts it but she can eat a lot. lol. This will be the last year I do after school because it is not worth it for me.