PDA

View Full Version : If a family needs to leave your care....

mamaof4
09-25-2012, 01:04 PM
before starting school-- and the leave is on good terms, how do you prefer to be told.

Just the official written notice? Email?

kidlove
09-25-2012, 01:05 PM
Here, just a verbal. that's all.

Lou
09-25-2012, 01:28 PM
Just verbal is fine here as well for a child we know is heading to school! I prefer written notice of an unexpected departure.

Inspired by Reggio
09-25-2012, 01:55 PM
Yup my policy is at least two weeks written notice although in cases like this where they are leaving for school I usually know months in advance ... I like it in writing so there is no confusion on my 'taxes' ... I have a clear date of when a contract started and ended in writing with signatures to reflect my income and I keep that together in my tax files.

playfelt
09-25-2012, 03:31 PM
My school kids that just left was all done verbally with the idea my contract says I don't do school age so leaving wasn't an option as was the fact I am not the school zone for any of them anyways. All of them did it verbally with flexible leaving dates as in left open ended on my part. I planned my advertising giving a couple weeks leeway for each one knowing I didn't want to fill the spaces over the summer anyways and have time with less kids.

Momof4
09-25-2012, 04:14 PM
Verbal or written, as long as we are on good terms I don't mind and as long as they respect the notice period as per my contract too.