PDA

View Full Version : Toddler friendly veggies

sunnydays
04-16-2011, 09:23 PM
I serve a lot of fruit for snacks and do include a lot of vegetables in my lunches, but would like to serve more veggies for snacks. The problem is, most of my daycare kids are quite young (under 2) and I worry about choking, and so far I have only served cucumbers and tomatoes and avacado. Any ideas of other little tot friendly veggies?

Momof4
04-16-2011, 11:48 PM
I serve organically grown produce and my dc children love brocolli, carrots, grape tomatoes, mixed frozen veg, but my secret - don't tell - is that I put zuchini, onions, and lots of other veggies into my food processer and add them to hamburg or gound chicken. I have some very picky eaters here but it makes me so happy when I fool them.

giraffe
04-17-2011, 07:03 AM
Lol mom of 4 I do the zuchini thing too! I shred zuchinni into everything! I also do it with cauliflower too :)

sunnydays
04-17-2011, 07:17 AM
I also grate zuchini and sweet potato or squash and put it into a lot of things. I am only stumped when it comes to serving fresh veggies for snacks...but I guess I could always serve steamed veggies instead :)

Play and Learn
04-17-2011, 10:38 AM
I make a family dip, and serve to my almost 2 yr old yellow/orange/or/red pepper slices, carrots, brocoli or cherry tomatoes. She laps it up!