PDA

View Full Version : Daycare Garderie Ecureuil Rose in Laval - 3171 Rue Saint-Elzear

Reem Elazab
10-03-2012, 11:45 AM
Hello,

I have two wonderful children at Garderie Ecureuil Rose in Laval. It is the perfect location for me as it is 2 minutes walking distance from my home. Not only is it two minutes from my home but the service and food are excellent!!! I love the daycare teachers and my children love it!!!! They eat nutritious meals each day and My 3 year old son lovessss to go to daycare everyday. He learns so much and loves his teacher. I just put my 10 month old baby and today was his second day.... He already started to adapt to the teacher who is loving and my son alos loves to play with other children. They provide food according to baby needs and requirements. I stayed with him and saw the food they make the children. I was amazed!!! I wish I could take some home for supper time to make my life easier..lol Anyway, This daycare is wonderful in every way and I wish it was a $7 daycare but unfortunately it is not. It is crazy that some daycares have $7 per day while other ones don't. Garderie Ecureuil Rose should be a $7 daycare and is better than CPE daycares. Can anyone help me make this daycare $7 per day? Thank you all for reading my post!

treeholm
10-03-2012, 12:00 PM
A $7 daycare? Surely you don't mean per day.... I charge $35. I gather you are needing a subsidized spot, but are all daycares in Quebec subsidized? Or only some... and if so, this daycare might have decided it doesn't need to offer subsidized spaces because of the high quality.

sunnydays
10-03-2012, 12:16 PM
A $7 daycare? Surely you don't mean per day.... I charge $35. I gather you are needing a subsidized spot, but are all daycares in Quebec subsidized? Or only some... and if so, this daycare might have decided it doesn't need to offer subsidized spaces because of the high quality.

The majority of daycares in Quebec are subsidized and so parents only pay $7 per day and the governemnt pays the rest...but it can be hard to find a spot in one of those daycare, so many parents have to go to private daycares and pay full fees. It doesn't go by income like in Ontario...the $7 spots are for anyone as long as you can find a space.

treeholm
10-03-2012, 12:18 PM
How odd that this would be the case in Quebec but not the other provinces...

sunnydays
10-03-2012, 12:27 PM
Quebec decided to put a value on families and quality early childhood learning and care. The rest of the provinces are way behind in my opinion...but I know there are many here who would disagree.

Inspired by Reggio
10-03-2012, 12:36 PM
To the OP have no clue how you can get your child's daycare onto the government accredited subsidized program ~ my guess is that in the face of world economic crisis we seem to be facing globally that the 'government funded pot' has been tapped out so to speak and there is no new funding for newer childcare programs in that model ... my advice is lobby your MPP and keep quality affordable childcare options at the front of the political agenda if this is something you feel strongly about?

How odd that this would be the case in Quebec but not the other provinces...

Yes Quebec has many amazing social services that the rest of Canada does not .... not only is daycare highly subsidized for families but their university is highly government subsidized as well ~ basically to the point of FREE compared to what other students across Canada pay for tuition!

Unfortunately the 'bottom is falling' out on their social system over there because they are realizing that they cannot sustain the level of taxes required to FUND all their programs and still keep business willing to employe people over there and well raising income taxes always goes over so well too!

They were all over the news recently when the government tried to 'raise' their University tuition and the students started rallying and protesting and getting ugly over there cause they feel entitled to their free University that generations before have had .... alas if only they realized how GOOD they have it compared to other provinces whose students earn a big ole student loan of between $60,000 - $80,000 in order to get a 4 year degree!

Inspired by Reggio
10-03-2012, 12:38 PM
Quebec decided to put a value on families and quality early childhood learning and care. The rest of the provinces are way behind in my opinion...but I know there are many here who would disagree.

THe UN would agree with you as well .... Canada ranks LAST in our commitment to children and families in the 20 participating countries on the panel to end child poverty and so forth ~ seriously a country as rich as ours with GDP and we are LAST in how much we spend supporting children and families?

Crayola kiddies
10-03-2012, 01:45 PM
I had a family in my care that had moved from quebec to Ottawa and they told me that they paid $3.30/day for care . But yes most daycares in Quebec are $7/day

gcj
10-03-2012, 04:00 PM
I am a home daycare also in Laval and am at $7. You cannot make your daycare subsidized. It is a private daycare. If they choose to, they can apply, but it takes a loooooooooooong time.
I don't doubt that it's better than a CPE. I'm not a fan. I guess it depends on which one, but when I was feeling overwhelmed with my 4 year old son at my daycare I did go visit one since he was offered a spot. He ended up staying with me. Not my cup of tea.
Anyways. Ask the directrice if they have intentions to become subsidized or not. That's about all you can do. Glad you found a place that works for you and your kids, though.