PDA

View Full Version : Accepting subsidy children

rose
10-10-2012, 09:23 AM
hi i m new at that site. i just open home daycare few weeks ago. so need helpful hint and suggestion from expert daycare providers.
i had 1 baby in my care for 3 weeks and then suddenly one day mom told that she got spot anyother home daycare who accept subsidy.
it was shocking for me becase i just have 2 kids at teh moment and now i have left with one only:(
who can i apply for subsidy, i mean i can get any subsidy kids.
what is procedure.
give any suggestion please. need lots of help.
how can i advertise my daycare rather then on this site
thanks
rose

playfelt
10-10-2012, 10:11 AM
Hi and welcome to the forum. In Ontario if you want to be able to accept subsidy children you have to register with a licensed agency. If you look in your phone book under daycare you will see a list for your area. Not sure what the procedure is for other provinces.

It is always hard at first when you are starting out to find children for care. It takes time to get established.

mimi
10-10-2012, 10:43 AM
I had the same thing happen to me. It is the nature of this business to have unexpected losses in enrollment due to a variety of reasons. When it is sudden, it can hit you like a ton of bricks. You just have to pick yourself up and not let it get to you. You will have other children that will stay with you for years so chin up. Advertise on as many daycare sights as you can. Also spread the word with your friends to let their co-workers know about you should they hear of someone needing d/c. Put up a flyer in your neighborhood and your local schools bulletin board. Create a website. It will take time, you just have to be persistent and patient. :)