PDA

View Full Version : Turkey Leftover Ideas

Toregone
10-10-2012, 12:27 PM
Anyone else using leftover Thanksgiving turkey for meals this week? Yesterday was hodge podge casserole I created on a whim. Probably similar variations out there.

Line bottom of casserole dish with chunked turkey. In bowl combine carrots, turnip and mashed potatoes with 1 can mushroom soup (use whatever veggies you have left over) season with salt pepper and garlic. Layer over top of turkey and top with cheese. Bake for 30 minutes. The kids LOVED it!

Today is a turkey, stuffing, gravy casserole with peas.

I am determined not to let any leftovers waste this time so I am trying to get creative. Anyone wanna share thier ideas?

sunnydays
10-10-2012, 12:50 PM
We had turkey quesadillas yesterday :) And today we had sweet potato pancakes with the leftover sweet potatoes. Tomorrow we're having pea soup with ham (ham was a leftover as well). I am thinking the same way...use it all up!

Bookworm
10-10-2012, 12:54 PM
I wish I had leftovers to serve! Those are great ideas though... I will keep them in mind for Christmas turkey leftovers.

jodaycare
10-10-2012, 01:32 PM
I made homemade turkey soup and we are having it for lunch tomorrow.

Inspired by Reggio
10-10-2012, 01:34 PM
Turkey soup / stew with dumplings
Turkey Pot Pie
Turkey Cranberry Feta panzerotti ... yum I love these basically little pizza dough you roll out into small squares stuff with turkey, cranberries and feta and fold into triangle and back
Turkey Quesadillas as mentioned
Turkey Cattcatorie
Turkey chili

Crayola kiddies
10-10-2012, 01:50 PM
I do turkey tettrazini .... I cook in my pampered chef covered casserole baker (stonewear) but any covered casserole dish will do .... Combine 250g of spaghettini with chicken broth ( enough to cover pasta) and cook in micro covered for 10-13 mins stiring half way ... Meanwhile in a bowl combine a can of mushroom soup, 250 ml sour cream, 1/3 cup parm cheese, clove of garlic (minced) 2/3 cup milk, some peas or beans, ( I add mushrooms and onions too but sautée them first otherwise they are crunchy and my kids won't eat them) mixit into the pasta and cook for another 6-8 mins and sprinkle with more parm and serve..... Very yummy !