PDA

View Full Version : Healthy Brownie Cupcakes

Inspired by Reggio
10-11-2012, 12:34 PM
For those who pm'd asking for the reciepe ~ easier to share with everyone than answer all the pm's ;)

The recipe says to make them in a 8x8 but I do them in mini muffin tins cause A) best part of brownies are the 'edges' and this way everyone gets an 'edge' and B) just easier for serving kids in the 'small serving' and they feel like they get 'more' when they can have seconds and C) easy for freezing leftovers ~ lol if there are leftovers of this one :o

BTW you can also shred zucchini or apple into this and use less honey to make them even moister and the kids do not even notice and does not affect the recipe turning out!

http://tgipaleo.com/2012/02/16/avocado-brownies-2/

Ingredients

4 oz Unsweetened Chocolate, melted in 1 T Coconut Oil

3 Small Avocados (or 2 Large)

1/2 c Honey

3 Eggs

1/4 c Unsweetened Cocoa Powder

1 T Vanilla

1 T Coconut Flour

1 t Baking Soda

1/2 t Salt

Instructions

Puree the avocado flesh in a food processor. Make sure there are NO lumps left over…as good as chunky guacamole is, I can’t say that it’s all that good baked into a brownie.

Beat all remaining ingredients together with the avocado in a bowl with an electric mixer until really smooth and fluffy.

Spoon batter into a greased 8×8 baking dish.

Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out smooth.

sunnydays
10-11-2012, 01:11 PM
Yummmmm....not sure if I'll serve this to the daycare kids as I don't usually serve chocolate...but I will definitely try it out for my own family!!! Thanks!

Inspired by Reggio
10-11-2012, 02:07 PM
LOL ~ I hear ya .... the over processing with refined sugars gives chocolate a bad name .... but pure unsweetened dark chocolate actually has health benefits and antioxidant properties and is good for us in moderation ;)